1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Can someone recommend a simple wifi finder and connecter

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by globalmark, Mar 18, 2012.

1. globalmark

globalmark iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi
    I have just received a New Ipad 3- first one so bit of a Beginner (but a Mac user so not to bad)

I am Looking for a simple Wifi finder , something that just shows a list of the networks in range and a Connect Button ?
    I have downloaded several i have found but they all have off line lists , telling me stuff not in range and maps etc - all i want is something simple that scan's ,shows list and has connect button .
    bit like "WiFinder" on Android (sorry had android phone)

I know I can get this list and connect through the settings manual - but that only shows half of the networks in my range . I know this as my Macbook pro and android phone show more. I also don't want to have to go into the settings every time .. so any suggestions would be appriciated .
    It could be Just me being a beginner also with the other wi-fi apps I tried so if you suggest a more complicated one can you just give me a very short explanation how i can scan and connect ..

I currently have my own wifi at home also.

Thanks all Mark
  2. Slimseven

Slimseven iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Called simply , wifi- finder. Hope it helps
  3. skimonkey

skimonkey Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,019 / 0
    Hi global...looks like Slimseven gave you some good info!

Welcome to the iPadForum! This Forum offers so much information related to the iPad (original-New), Acessories, Apps, Help, and Apple News.

The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. This is a wonderful area to "find" members from your own country.
    Regional iPad Groups

If you have not done so, please take a look at the iOS 5.0 and 5.1:
    iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5 by Apple Inc.
    iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5.1 by Apple Inc.

Finally, please do not forget to read the Rules!
    http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html
  4. globalmark

globalmark iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hi Slimsteven

Thanks for that - however cannot find Wifi- finder on Apps store ,
    I have found Wi-Fi Finder, Free Wifi Finder, WiFi HD free - but none seem to list the networks in Range (now it could be me - but i just cannot see how to SCAN )
    the Wi-Fi Finder just comes up with stuff 1.61klm away and I know they don't exist as I live in a block of units .. I also cannot see my network , my neighbours or any of the other ones listed in the settings panel and on my mac book pro ..
    it does not even Show My Network ????

Think it's me - so if anyone know of how i can search with these programs or suggest another that would be great

Thanks Mark
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2012