What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for file viewer/manager for Ipad 2 (like Windows Explorer or Finder)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
Does anybody know a file manager for iPad that supports searching inside a txt/PDF/word/excel files just like we do in windows explorer?Need it Very badly. Have been searching quite a few days for such a file manager. But was able to find only useless file manager apps with no in-file search. Pls tell me guys.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,
Does anybody know a file manager for iPad that supports searching inside a txt/PDF/word/excel files just like we do in windows explorer?Need it Very badly. Have been searching quite a few days for such a file manager. But was able to find only useless file manager apps with no in-file search. Pls tell me guys.

As this thread so aptly states (did you even read it?) - there is no such app for the iPad unless you jail break. Apple has designed the iPad so all it's app (read: programs) are sandboxed in that they cannot access other app files. Thus, the need for jail breaking should you wish to access your files.

Since this question has been asked and answered here - and this post is so old - this thread is closed. Thanks for your understanding.

Marilyn

P.S. I've also deleted you other, duplicate post. One post per question is sufficient (and complies with our rules). Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions