Blue-ish edges of iPad 4's screen - normal?

Discussion in 'iPad 4 Forum' started by Tigro, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Tigro

Tigro
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    So I'm a fresh iPad 4 owner (and by "fresh" i mean "I just opened the box"... [​IMG]). Until now, I was using iPad 1st gen and the thing that struck me as odd is that when I look at my new iPad's screen, it has a blue-ish glow on every edge. It's particularly visible on white backgrounds and I can't say that it doesn't annoy me as I didn't have such problem with my iPad 1. It's particularly visible when looking at a screen from an angle and it's almost unnoticable when looking both straight and with some lamp lighting the room (though when there is much white on the site, it still draws your attention). It's not some unclear memory of mine as I still have my previous iPad and when placed beside each other, one can't miss the fact that iPad 1 is white edge-to-edge white iPad 4 has a blue outline.

Is it normal? Do you have such issue with your iPads as well or should I demand a new device? Neither reset nor tapping the iPad on the back helps to the issue.

2. AQ_OC

AQ_OC
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    No, just return it for a new one. No need to go in with a "demand" attitude. You get 14-days to return it for any reason whatsoever, so just get a new one.

3. buerkletucson

buerkletucson
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    For some reason there seems to be more display complaints with the iPad 4 screen........maybe a quality control issue?

Just return it as mentioned and they will gladly replace it for another one that is perfect as it should be.

4. Tigro

Tigro
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Thank you. You pay for it so you have the right to demand it to be in perfect condition. Don't see what inappriopriate is there with a word "demand" in this context.

I see, thanks.

I heard that you can call Apple just informing about the matter and they'll send some dispatch-rider with a new device to you who will also get your broken thing. However, I bought my iPad in an online store (a certified Apple reseller but not Apple itself) and I don't own any additional care plan so am I still elligible for such things or do I have to get to the closest Apple service provider, hand my iPad and then wait some time before I collect new one?

5. stevedoz

stevedoz
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Im a little bit concerned about this as I bought mine on black friday at an apple store in the uk. It is a Christmas present so i wont be opening it until Christmas day. As such if I find an immediate problem like the one mentioned here, it seems I will be outside the normal return window. Not sure what I could do in those circumstances. I'm not assuming I will have a problem.....

6. buerkletucson

buerkletucson
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I dunno......first I've heard of that.
    Any rate good luck getting your new one..........let us know how it goes. :thumbs:

7. buerkletucson

buerkletucson
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I purchased an iPad 4 for my wife for Christmas @ the Apple store, 3-weeks ago..............they told me I could return it no questions asked until January 14, 2013 (2-weeks beyond the new year).
    Receipt says so also....

8. stevedoz

stevedoz
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ok many thanks - feel much more comfortable about knowing that - 4 more days to go to first ever touch device....!

9. Tigro

Tigro
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    It seems the return thing may not be that easy (I don't live in the States). Apparently, the 14-day return period is valid only when you buy at the Apple Online Store which I haven't done (at a certified reseller, though). Then, my obly option is to use a regular, 30-day warranty period during which I'd have to cope without my iPad, which may be painful considerin I use iPad heavily every day. Therefore, the thing has complicated a bit and it may turn out I'll just have to learn to live with the blue glow...

10. stevedoz

stevedoz
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I've now dug out my receipt and it says return date = 7th Dec 2012 (purchased on 23rd Nov). Better hope there are no probs, sweat sweat.....