Zagg screen protector

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by moparherb, Apr 13, 2011.

1. moparherb

moparherb iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    When I purchased my iPad in October of 2010 I went to Best Buy and purchased a Zagg screen protector. After a month or so I noticed blueing on the edge of the iPad but it didn't seem to bother anything and I figured I may have installed the Zagg a little to close to the edge bezel. BUT tonight I noticed what appeared to be a light blue line across my screen. At first I thought it was some kind of screen burn in. But no one on the net had ever had that happen, so I looked closer. It was a light blue line completely across the Zagg screen protector. I feel this is some kind of defect. I'm not sure I want another Zagg protector. I just thought everyone with this protector should watch out for this effect.

2. skinnybones

skinnybones iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    they have lifetime warranty. Call them up and tell them the issue and they will most likely send you a new one for 4 bucks (the cost of shipping)

3. bengun

bengun iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    moparherb: sounds to me you have exactly what my Shield(s) developed. I installed my Invisible Shield with no problem - 30 days later I had a purple banding or discoloration running the length of my iPad. I thought it was a manufacturing problem, so I replaced that Shield with another. 30 days later - same thing. This time I took a closer look and found the "banding" corresponded exactly in length, width and alignment with the "1" bar on the Zaggmate that contains the Zaggmate logo, the on/off switch, the status lights, and the bluetooth light. I've been in contact with Zagg - they claim this is the first time they've heard of the problem, and I have no reason to doubt that. I think the problem occurs when the Shield comes into contact with that "bar", which if you look closely - is higher than is the keyboard or the rest of the component. I think there's a chemical reaction between that bar and the Shield which causes the discoloration. Zagg is currently looking into the problem, but my guess is it's a design flaw. You may want to report your problem to Zagg as well. Glen Berry

4. Camoman12

Camoman12 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You may also want to get someone in the store to professionally install it for you.