What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zagg screen protector

M

moparherb

When I purchased my iPad in October of 2010 I went to Best Buy and purchased a Zagg screen protector. After a month or so I noticed blueing on the edge of the iPad but it didn't seem to bother anything and I figured I may have installed the Zagg a little to close to the edge bezel. BUT tonight I noticed what appeared to be a light blue line across my screen. At first I thought it was some kind of screen burn in. But no one on the net had ever had that happen, so I looked closer. It was a light blue line completely across the Zagg screen protector. I feel this is some kind of defect. I'm not sure I want another Zagg protector. I just thought everyone with this protector should watch out for this effect.

skinnybones

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I purchased my iPad in October of 2010 I went to Best Buy and purchased a Zagg screen protector. After a month or so I noticed blueing on the edge of the iPad but it didn't seem to bother anything and I figured I may have installed the Zagg a little to close to the edge bezel. BUT tonight I noticed what appeared to be a light blue line across my screen. At first I thought it was some kind of screen burn in. But no one on the net had ever had that happen, so I looked closer. It was a light blue line completely across the Zagg screen protector. I feel this is some kind of defect. I'm not sure I want another Zagg protector. I just thought everyone with this protector should watch out for this effect.

they have lifetime warranty. Call them up and tell them the issue and they will most likely send you a new one for 4 bucks (the cost of shipping)

bengun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
moparherb: sounds to me you have exactly what my Shield(s) developed. I installed my Invisible Shield with no problem - 30 days later I had a purple banding or discoloration running the length of my iPad. I thought it was a manufacturing problem, so I replaced that Shield with another. 30 days later - same thing. This time I took a closer look and found the "banding" corresponded exactly in length, width and alignment with the "1" bar on the Zaggmate that contains the Zaggmate logo, the on/off switch, the status lights, and the bluetooth light. I've been in contact with Zagg - they claim this is the first time they've heard of the problem, and I have no reason to doubt that. I think the problem occurs when the Shield comes into contact with that "bar", which if you look closely - is higher than is the keyboard or the rest of the component. I think there's a chemical reaction between that bar and the Shield which causes the discoloration. Zagg is currently looking into the problem, but my guess is it's a design flaw. You may want to report your problem to Zagg as well. Glen Berry

Camoman12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You may also want to get someone in the store to professionally install it for you.

Most reactions

Latest posts