Ipad Pro 12.9 2nd Gen screen bleeding

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by perseid, Mar 30, 2018.

1. dss862

dss862
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    so ipad pro 12.9 2018 3rd gen is better than ipad pro 12.9 2nd gen...coz ipad pro 12.9 2018 use led screen which bypass backlight bleeding like samsung amoled screen while the 2nd gen uses LCD which is backlight bleeding prone..

2. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    Only some of the iPhones have gone to the OLED screens. All iPads are still LCD screens.

Small ammounts backlight bleed is normal when the brightness is tuned all the way up. Distracting amounts are not normal. Usually it is a defect that shows when the iPad is new, and should be delt with under warrenty. Rarely it can develop later, when screen components get jarred out of alignment.

3. dss862

dss862
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    it is advisable to buy ipad pro 12.9 inches 2018 3rd gen will this unit end the problem of backlight bleeding after 1 year of use?

4. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    I had the first 12.9” iPad Pro for two years, and never had significant bleeding. I now have the newest model and no problem to date.

Can I guarentee you the same? No I can’t. No matter how good the manufacture is, there are always some bad units, and for some reason a few people seem to get them all.

While the new Pro has a different design and screen, it is still LCD. It still has a backlight.

All I can suggest is to get Applecare or some other insurance/warrantee extention.