Best video player apps for ipad

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by iPad100, Jan 26, 2011.

1. mamurao

mamurao
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I use Buzz HD player and it works well on streaming movies from your network. this was recommended in this forum as well.

2. ez_23

ez_23
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    AVPlayerHD best

3. yusufjee

yusufjee
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    i am totally happy with flex for my need. Unless there is something in the market that has the ability to gain the volume on ipad, i will continue to use flex.

4. omiez

omiez
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I am looking too for a good player and avplayerhd seems to be the one I will test.

P.S. is that naga jolokia in your picture?

5. gasparinjo

gasparinjo
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hi guys. I'm new in IPAD world. In description for Buzz player was written a supported video quality is 720x576 for flv,mkv, wmv, avi asf, divx, xvid, dat, vob, mkv, ... Is this mean the Buzz player cannot play mkv files 720p or 1080p ? Thanks in advance. Sorry for my bad english. Regards from Slovenia.

6. chevyguy

chevyguy
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Just read it myself and that's how I understand it as well. I do know AVPlayerHD will play the .mkv files at 720p just fine, not trying to change your mind, just giving you another option you might not have known about. :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

7. dpasta

dpasta
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hi everybody.

I have a problem. I want to download movies and subtitles directly from WEB to iPAD.
    The only program i know that can "open in..." TXT files is AVPlayer HD, but it doesnt play properly subtitles with { and } inside, and that is most common format in my country.

I've tryed even open txt in office HD, replace every { wity [ and } with ], save to dropbox and than "open in.." AV PLAYER, but it didnt work.

Is there other video program that supports "open in..." option for TXT files? Oplayer, Gplayer cant. I dont want to buy 10 other before i find the ONE... :)
    Or is there converter, that allows me to "open in..." txt, convert to SRT for example, save to DROPBOX and then open with avplayer?

Sorry for grammar :D

8. PreVoiD

PreVoiD
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I'm an expert on this subject - and you sir, are correct. I've spent over 20$ on movie-apps and AVPlayer HD is my favourite by far. No stuttering whatsoever, compared to 99% of the other videoplayer apps I've tried. It's amazing how lousy performance you get when you play a 720p or 1080i/p video on almost every videoplayer-app currently available on the AppStore!! AVPlayerHD can handle these files just fine! You don't have to dive into advanced settings either - the player is setup to be ready to rock as soon as you start it!

Just my 0,02$. You'd better make up your own mind by trying it out for yourself! :)

9. chevyguy

chevyguy
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Also the TV out with AVPlayerHD is full screen, or pretty close, also the screen is adjustable(controls on the AVPlayerHD app) to fit the screen. To save anyone headache, when AVPlayer goes to TV out you will only have audio and no video until you press the little on screen TV button on the lower right. Then you'll have video out and it looks great! This is by far the best player app out there, now if they devs would integrate upnp streaming it would be 100% complete, there are other apps that do this well, but it would sweet to have one app that does it all and does it very well.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

10. nanolake

nanolake
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Falcon Player is next best alternative to VLC which no longer exists on app store

I have a number of mkv, xvid, ogg and avi files and have looked far and wide for a good player to run on my iPad. I have pretty much tried all or the more populars one and find that each of them have their quirks. For example, I have one file that Azul would just crash on while GoodPlayer would play at an extremely low frame rate. I have another file where audio seems to be out of sync with video with one of the other player. VLC player which unfortunately got remove (though I got it before it was removed) was best but no good to me if I cannot get updates. Overall, I found Falcon Player to be the best all rounded player and had successfully play all my files with the highest frame rate I can find which is even more evident when you do Airplay to your TV. The downside was it could not play a AVHCD file at a decent frame rate which is super high resolution I had though from my camcorder. Neither could the other players though.