Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by iPad100, Jan 26, 2011.
You 4get the best if the best. ( Air video )
[h=1]"It's Playing'' wiew on appstore sorry for english [/h]
Use azul...not only u can watch but u can copy also your movies directly to your ipad.
Learned much from this thread, thanks!
my question is will it unzip video files? thanks!! Jt4411
Hot ipad/ipad 2 apps, almost all solutions for enjoying avi, mkv, m2ts, wmv, ... with ipad, ipad 2
I use AV PlayerHD..............it plays all my 720p .mkv videos perfectly
AV player HD gives really good results for 720p video
However, there is an youtube video about EC player vs AV player HD playing "1080p" video. EC player plays the video flawlessly but AV player HD suffered from minor stuttering.
Seriously, I don't know what to believe anymore.......
It depends on the format you're trying to play back.
H.264(!) 1080p MKV's will play better on the EC Player. Everything else (WMV, ASP etc.) on AVPlayerHD.
For example, check out the WMV playback bible at iPhone Life (I can't post a direct link; Google for "Playing Back WMV Videos – the Complete(!) Roundup" and follow the first link). It also states AVPlayerHD is way better than EC Player for that, while also stating the latter should be preferred to play back H.264 1080p MKV's.
It's pretty bad and should be avoided. The WMV playback bible I've just mentioned doesn't recommend it either.
At MacRumors (Google for ".AVI on iPad 2" to find the thread), I've posted an extensive "cons" list of the player. Let me cite it entirely (note that it's written as an answer to a guy that just laughed at people claling VLC bad (and, then, after showing him the list below, he just stated he didn't have the time to argue - pretty bad excuse...); therefore, it's a bit personal):
"- does VLC support the iPad 3 Retina screen, as does almost all the other players, including AVPlayerHD, GoodPlayer and ALL the other, high-end ones? Of course not.
- does it have camera roll access, as does ReplayerHD Pro, PlugPlayer, Play Any Video Format - PlayerX HD, XBMC, RushPlayer+ etc? Of course not.
- does it have ANY support for ANY kind of embedded subtitle in any kind of a video file? Of course not.
- Does it have the highly useful audio boost, as does several apps like GoodPlayer or It's Playing, the latter even in HW decode mode? Of course not.
- Saturation / brightness / contrast change? Speed change (slow/fast playback, with several players, even in hardware-decoded mode)? Fine-tuned scrubbing? Does it show the target frame while scrubbing? Heck, not, not even the timestamp! App password? Moving videos from iTunes dir away? Media list sorting? Folder support? Audio playback in background? Bookmarks? Access to local Music / Videos library? Quick filename search? Playlists? HDMI / VGA output? Multiple audio tracks in ANY kind of video formats? You guessed: NOPE! While the best players (GoodPlayer, AVPlayerHD, XBMC) support at least 80-90% of these.
- Heck, can you even change the aspect ratio of the video, or, can you zoom in, as you can in stock Videos? Nope, not even that.
- Does it support hardware playback with MOV / M4V / MP4 files? Of course not. FLAC, WMA, OGA, WAV, WavPack, Ape Monkey? Not one of them, while most other video(!) players happily play at least part of these formats (and for example XBMC every single of them, even lossless / 24 bit WMA's.)
What about the 1080p MSMPEG4 results? (A video format comparatively simple to decode, at least compared to AVCHD.) Awful. The same stands for OGG Vorbis streams. And, of course, H.264 AVCHD.
You don't believe me when it comes to H.264 AVCHD "quality" well demonstrating the "speed" of the decoder? Well, just check out ..."
Sorry, can't continue as there was a link there... hope you find the original, full post. Nevertheless, the part I've copied already has some valuable info.