What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best video player apps for ipad

Menneisyys

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As for me VM Player is the best - supports a lot of formats and directly(!) playing from network share via SMB, FTP, UPnP. Waiting for 1.7 app update - they promise smb file uploading and playing music directly from iTunes library.

So, you're shamelessly advertising your stuff not only at the M*******s forums, but also here?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Menneisyys said:
So, you're shamelessly advertising your stuff not only at the M*******s forums, but also here?

Beherith's posts seem to be in context at the moment. So long as they remain that way, there should be no problem. Just a word of warning though. Thread hijacking, especially for advertising purposes, is not considered acceptable behavior here. A reminder of a couple of pertinent rules.

Reminder - Rule 4 Create threads in the proper forum. Threads created and posted in the wrong forum are subject to deletion. One thread on the same topic or question, posted in multiple forums, is also subject to deletion. Do not post an off-topic comment in an existing thread. This derails the conversation and makes it difficult for others to follow. If you have a comment or question that is different from the topic in the thread, please start a new thread. Thread hijacking is not allowed... this includes starting general chit-chat or banter in legitimate threads. Keep this in the Off Topic section. Chit-chat in the Off Topic section (or specifically titled "chat" threads) must still follow the Forum Rules. Do not “bump” a post to attract attention to it. If, after 48 hours, you have not received a response on a question you may bump your post one (1) time. If you still do not receive a response send a private message (PM) to a moderator and ask for assistance. Bumping posts may subject the post to deletion and you may receive an infraction. Please review all our forum rules here

Reminder - Rule 13 No external links or email addresses will be posted in thread titles. Posting links to products or services is allowed, as long as it is relevant to the conversation, enhances the discussion within the thread, and does not promote your personal web site, domain, service, company, business or another iPad forum. Administrators and moderators reserve the right to delete any inappropriate or excessive links. However, if you are the developer, owner or are otherwise affiliated with the product or service, web site, etc., you may not post links per rule #7. Please review all our forum rules here

Menneisyys

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Beherith's posts seem to be in context at the moment. So long as they remain that way, there should be no problem. Just a word of warning though. Thread hijacking, especially for advertising purposes, is not considered acceptable behavior here. A reminder of a couple of pertinent rules.

He's working for Velestar Private Enterprise; still, while he advertises their stuff everywhere (not only here - over at M********s (another, competing forum; in e-mail, I can give you the exact threads), he posted exactly the same message three times), he acts like an independent user.

I wouldn't have any problem with this behaviour if the product he advertises this way would be any good. But it isn't.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Menneisyys said:
He's working for Velestar Private Enterprise; still, while he advertises their stuff everywhere (not only here - over at M********s (another, competing forum; in e-mail, I can give you the exact threads), he posted exactly the same message three times), he acts like an independent user.

I wouldn't have any problem with this behaviour if the product he advertises this way would be any good. But it isn't.

Thanks for the info.

The quality of the software is for purchasers to determine and I think it's best left at that. Your post can stand as a counter to what you obviously see as an inferior product. However, as no forum rules have been broken there is no reason to delete posts based on one bad review. If we did that we would not have an app announcement section.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Beherith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
May be it looks like advertising, but I really use vm player every evening to watch movies from my home media server via smb and upnp. Why I cannot like this player? I used some another (both free and paid) players before, but IMHO (!) vm player is better than alternatives I used. I just want to watch movies directly (without downloading) from the server and VM Player do that.
Moreover rki is waiting for the player that can upload files to network shares. VM Player 1.7 will do that - it's just a suggestion for rki.

rki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
May be it looks like advertising, but I really use vm player every evening to watch movies from my home media server via smb and upnp. Why I cannot like this player? I used some another (both free and paid) players before, but IMHO (!) vm player is better than alternatives I used. I just want to watch movies directly (without downloading) from the server and VM Player do that.
Moreover rki is waiting for the player that can upload files to network shares. VM Player 1.7 will do that - it's just a suggestion for rki.

Thanks Beherith, if VM Player can allow that I'll give it a shop.

GoatR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Playable pro is a very good app sound and vid playback quality is awesome

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ampress

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Beherith said:

Will it also play movies on a usb stick connected with the camera kit?

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Will it also play movies on a usb stick connected with the camera kit?

You need to be jailbroken before you can use the camera connection kit for anything more than connecting camera cards or cameras to access their content.

Ampress

iPF Noob
Reaction score
donka said:
You need to be jailbroken before you can use the camera connection kit for anything more than connecting camera cards or cameras to access their content.

Ok, so will it play movies from a usb stick connected to a camera kit on a jb device?

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ampress said:
Ok, so will it play movies from a usb stick connected to a camera kit on a jb device?

Yes although it may be limited by the type of USB stick you use.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts