What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Stylus for the new ipad

eaglesight

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been trying to research what is a good choice for a stylus for the ipad and can't find a definitive selection. Does anyone have experience with either the wacom Bamboo or Pogo Sketch Pro stylus? Any other reccomendations are appreciated, thanks.

applechick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't mind using my fingers, however I've been thinking of trying a stylus just don't know if I would really use it.

OP
E

eaglesight

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah the fingers aren't bad for most things, but I would like something to be more precise. Hopefully someone will give a suggestion.

skallal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I like the Wacom Bamboo Stylus. Don't use any of my other ones anymore...

Last edited:

blackfilm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I heard a lot of praise for the adonit stylus. It's got a unique design, which lets you see exactly what you're drawing. But it's mostly for precise drawing and writing, if you want it to wave around fast, i heard it's not that great. I'm really thinking of getting it, cause i storyboard a lot and mostly can't figure out what the hell i scribbled there. You can check it out here: http://adonit.net/product/jot/.

j joy j

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use my stylus a lot actually - some notetaking apps etc that I use a lot, but also for just general use to give my fingers a break.

My main stylus is from iFaraday iFaraday Store, they have a few styles but I use the iFaraday RxII. Love this stylus, it's the one that I always pull out first. Material tip, nice size and weight, don't have to apply a lot of pressure.

My second stylus of choice is the Alupen Just Mobile Xtand - Stand for iPhone / iPod touch / MacBook they have tons of colors. This is a rubber type tip, thick in your hand and has some weight to it, just feels nice in my hand I guess.

I also have the Aponyo click stylus Amazon.com: Aponyo Click - Fabric-tipped Stylus for Capacitive Touch-screens (iPad 2, New iPad 3, Android, HTC, Samsung) (White): Electronics which is always in my purse as a back up. My daughter prefers this one over my iFaraday so it's personal preference. Material tip which seems hollow so, to me, I feel I have to apply more pressure than my iFaraday. It's smaller and more compact.

As for the others mentioned above, I've not tried them so this isn't a comparison to those, just what I use. Good luck on your search!

j joy j

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That's a good review, haven't read that yet. And it prompted me to purchase the Adonit, excited about getting it!

j joy j

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Received the Adonit stylus and love it for handwriting - love it love it love it, I use Notability, Note Taker HD and Penultimate for various hand written projects and 'writing' with the Adonit looks more like my handwriting than with my other stylus, lines are cleaner etc (not that I thought they were ever dirty). And then secondshells goes and throws up the Nano Fabric ... I may be on the path of become a stylus junky, grrrrr.

Most reactions

Latest posts