Best Stylus for the new ipad

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by eaglesight, May 30, 2012.

1. eaglesight

eaglesight
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I have been trying to research what is a good choice for a stylus for the ipad and can't find a definitive selection. Does anyone have experience with either the wacom Bamboo or Pogo Sketch Pro stylus? Any other reccomendations are appreciated, thanks.

2. applechick

applechick
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    What is the benefit of a stylus?

3. eaglesight

eaglesight
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    For note taking, drawing, etc.

4. applechick

applechick
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I don't mind using my fingers, however I've been thinking of trying a stylus just don't know if I would really use it.

5. eaglesight

eaglesight
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Yeah the fingers aren't bad for most things, but I would like something to be more precise. Hopefully someone will give a suggestion.

6. skallal

skallal
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I like the Wacom Bamboo Stylus. Don't use any of my other ones anymore...

#6 skallal, May 30, 2012
    Last edited: May 30, 2012
  7. blackfilm

blackfilm
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I heard a lot of praise for the adonit stylus. It's got a unique design, which lets you see exactly what you're drawing. But it's mostly for precise drawing and writing, if you want it to wave around fast, i heard it's not that great. I'm really thinking of getting it, cause i storyboard a lot and mostly can't figure out what the hell i scribbled there. You can check it out here: http://adonit.net/product/jot/.

8. j joy j

j joy j
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I use my stylus a lot actually - some notetaking apps etc that I use a lot, but also for just general use to give my fingers a break.

My main stylus is from iFaraday iFaraday Store, they have a few styles but I use the iFaraday RxII. Love this stylus, it's the one that I always pull out first. Material tip, nice size and weight, don't have to apply a lot of pressure.

My second stylus of choice is the Alupen Just Mobile Xtand - Stand for iPhone / iPod touch / MacBook they have tons of colors. This is a rubber type tip, thick in your hand and has some weight to it, just feels nice in my hand I guess.

I also have the Aponyo click stylus Amazon.com: Aponyo Click - Fabric-tipped Stylus for Capacitive Touch-screens (iPad 2, New iPad 3, Android, HTC, Samsung) (White): Electronics which is always in my purse as a back up. My daughter prefers this one over my iFaraday so it's personal preference. Material tip which seems hollow so, to me, I feel I have to apply more pressure than my iFaraday. It's smaller and more compact.

As for the others mentioned above, I've not tried them so this isn't a comparison to those, just what I use. Good luck on your search!

9. zman

zman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
  10. eaglesight

eaglesight
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Thanks so much for the info, this really helps.