What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Stylus for the new ipad

TigerFusion

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had the Maglus from a Kickstart company in Ireland (Applydea, which is now in full production) for about 11 months now. I Love the stylus weight and it had been Awesome for drawing and writing. Everyone asked me how I draw so well on Draw Something. However, the past month or so, the tip has been dragging more and more on the screen. The thing cost about $30 and there is no way to replace the tip, like the Wacom Bamboo. I have put in an email to the company twice and have not heard back from them.
I ordered the Boxwave Evertouch stylus from Amazon and Love it so far. I have only had it a few days, but the Fabric Mesh Tip GLIDES across the screen! However, the Pocket Clip was so tight that it broke when I tried to put it on my pocke... so I Ripped it off. Oh well, I love the stylus.
Hope this helps...

DaEbLe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, literally looked at every stylus mentioned in this thread and read every article posted. I am an average iPad 3 user that doesn't do much hand writing and am 90% left brain so no drawing for me I think I am more confused now about a stylus choice then when I started. Lol. Seems like my only possible outcome is to become a stylus junkie in a quest for my oddly generic needs.

Good posts guys/girls
*cheers* here's to becoming a stylus junkie, caving to peer pressure!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

DaEbLe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ended up with the Wacom bamboo duo. I love the weight of it, but I don't really care for how "squishy" the tip is. However it is my only complaint so far. Now I am well on my way to becoming a stylus junky

Sent from my iPad using iPF

rtt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got a Maglus stylus from Applyidea which has a firmer tip that the Bamboo. It is a really nice and the magnets in it are a nice touch. The only thing I have a slight complaint about is the lack of cover over the tip. It comes in a round container (like a smarties carton) but it is cardboard, a little bulky, and probably not that long lasting

I went of the Wacom a little as so reason the screw tip on top holding the pocket clip came of and it got lost. I emailed Wacom and got reply stated they do not carry them as spares. It is a little uncomfortable because of the bare screw threads.

In favour of the Wacom over the Maglus is the replaceable tips but that is only one type so you have to have a 'squishy' tip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

pink23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks! Very helpful., I use my pen for three months, ordered in buy mobile phone accessories mall pen design - simple and elegant; the dome super soft rubber - will not hurt to screen, apply to allcapacitive touch screen.

Most reactions