What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Attach photo to web thread

Dbarnesh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do you attach a photo from your iPad photo app/folder to a web thread? When I try the file attachment box is dead/not active.

Thanks,

Dan

I finally got it to work. I would like to thank everyone who offered advice, stuck with me and put up with my less than techie brain. I was able to post my picture on another website using MattIM's work flow.

Thank you MattIM!

Last edited:
OP
D

Dbarnesh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So 72 people have looked at my thread and no one knows how? What makes the iPad easier/better than a laptop? Seems like you have to download app after app and then step after step to do the same things that a laptop does without all of the hassle? What am I missing?

Sorry for the rant but I'm getting tired of fighting this thing to do the basics; email, Internet, pictures etc.

Why is it so hard to attach a file to a website thread?

Thanks,

Dan

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This has come up a number of times but my brain isn't working this morning. Basically you upload to a free image hosting site and link the image.

Hopefully someone will jump in and give you the full details.
If you don't want to wait do a search of older forum posts.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can't do it on the iPad because Apple decided it's best if you don't have direct access to your files to do what you want with them.

Only way to do it is plug in your iPad to your computer, copy the photo you want to attach, and then do it from the computer.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry Superbike81, You Can take an image from the iPad

You can't do it on the iPad because Apple decided it's best if you don't have direct access to your files to do what you want with them.

Only way to do it is plug in your iPad to your computer, copy the photo you want to attach, and then do it from the computer.

and post it on a webpage.. It is a little different from what you do on a PC.

1. Get the Photobucket app and register your account.
2. Get a photo editing app like Photogene that enables you to scale your photograph. (most websites have a maximum resolution)
3. Go into Photobucket, on the lower side of the frame press my albums.
4. Press the white up arrow, choose photo library, choose your photo, upload.
5. Once upload, while in my album, have subject photo on screen, you see in upper right corner a down arrow, next to it, you'll see a chain. Tap the chain and you'll get a list of options, choose image code to copy.
6. Go to the website, press on a blank space on the webpage, hit paste and the image displays.

cdcf1a00.png

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Damn coffee has kicked in and I was logging on to recommend the Photobucket app....... :)

Heh Superbike81 remember Uncle Steve knows best and it's good break your conditioning over file access. We're not in windows now Toto....

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score

and post it on a webpage.. It is a little different from what you do on a PC.

1. Get the Photobucket app and register your account.
2. Get a photo editing app like Photogene that enables you to scale your photograph. (most websites have a maximum resolution)
3. Go into Photobucket, on the lower side of the frame press my albums.
4. Press the white up arrow, choose photo library, choose your photo, upload.
5. Once upload, while in my album, have subject photo on screen, you see in upper right corner a down arrow, next to it, you'll see a chain. Tap the chain and you'll get a list of options, choose image code to copy.
6. Go to the website, press on a blank space on the webpage, hit paste and the image displays.

He asked about attaching a photo, not uploading it to Photobucket, getting the IMG tag info and then pasting that into a post.

See a little below the post box you type in, under the "submit reply" and "preview post" buttons you've got one called "Manage Attachments."

That is the problem with the closed file system. You have to do a workaround for even the most simple tasks like attaching a file.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
File sharing is what Apple wants to prevent. This device was made for the plebe to buy and consume files, in no way is it permitted to share them...easily that is, even the ones you've created.

Apple made this media consumption concept too early. They should have made a tablet first and then castrate it.

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
File sharing is what Apple wants to prevent. This device was made for the plebe to buy and consume files, in no way is it permitted to share them...easily that is, even the ones you've created..
I agree.. The iPad was never meant to be a full blown computer. It's essentially an oversized iPod. It's primary purpose is to Play games and enjoy media (pictures, movies and music)... It does other 'things', but most of them do have limitations...

If I wanted a small, super thin portable computer, I'd spring for a MacBook Air rather than an iPad.

OP
D

Dbarnesh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to attach a photo to a post on another website, glamisdunes.com. The manage attachments box is gray and non-op, as with other sites I have tried. I tried the photo bucket trick and it still doesn't work.

The picture MattIM posted looks like a pic of a video posted in the middle of a website?

I read in another thread you have to use firefox as your browser? I have tried to download several versions of firefox and safari says it can't download the file?

Any more ideas? Thanks,

Dan

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Dan, The photo that I posted in my errant reply

I want to attach a photo to a post on another website, glamisdunes.com. The manage attachments box is gray and non-op, as with other sites I have tried. I tried the photo bucket trick and it still doesn't work.

The picture MattIM posted looks like a pic of a video posted in the middle of a website?

I read in another thread you have to use firefox as your browser? I have tried to download several versions of firefox and safari says it can't download the file?

Any more ideas? Thanks,

Dan

to you was a screen shot of my iPad using the USA Today newspaper app. This app has videos imbedded in their newspaper articles. I wanted to keep this image because for me as a fan, having the SF Giants win the World Series was a tremendous achievement. Now if the Cubs can get past their history, I'll be posting real live pictures from the outfield bleachers at Wrigley Field!

Lest I invoke further denunciation from super bikers and others, I have no other ideas to suggest for you to attach a *.jpg file to a website. You are wanting the file attached and not the image itself, correct?

I don't think there is an app yet that will allow you to do what the USA Today, and other newspapers do, imbed videos. I think you need a PC or MAC to do that kind of production.

OP
D

Dbarnesh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I appreciate your time and effort MattIM. Good luck with your beloved cubbies!

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
File sharing is what Apple wants to prevent. This device was made for the plebe to buy and consume files, in no way is it permitted to share them...easily that is, even the ones you've created..
I agree.. The iPad was never meant to be a full blown computer. It's essentially an oversized iPod. It's primary purpose is to Play games and enjoy media (pictures, movies and music)... It does other 'things', but most of them do have limitations...

If I wanted a small, super thin portable computer, I'd spring for a MacBook Air rather than an iPad.

Agreed! Yet I'm astounded by how many posts on the iPad forum begin... "Why can't I do the same things on my iPad as I can on my computer?" Obviously, people are not making informed, thought-out, or researched purchases and do not understand the pros and cons of the devices they are buying.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Testing this now. I think the application Tapatalk is available for iPhone and iPad as well as Android. Testing this image attachment now.

Only thing is the forum must support Tapatalk, but many forums, including this one do support it.

Sent from my SC-02B using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1293809903784.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1293809903784.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 254

Most reactions

Latest posts