What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Viewing local html with linked images through Goodreader on ipad2

Catmt82

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, this is my first 'post' and have high hopes for some valuable advice!!

I recently installed the Goodreader app on my ipad2 and synced it with my dropbox with the intention of being able to view html files built in dreamweaver to see how they work on an ipad before being uploaded to the web. I downloaded the entire root folder for the site onto Goodreader and proceeded to view the html files. The site opens fine and the links seem to be working ok however some of the images aren't showing... there is just a ? box and the "alt" description. All the jpegs used on the site have been created in the same manner (through photoshop) and are suitably sized for web. They all work when I view the local files direct from my mac onto several internet browsers...

Can anyone help me understand why the images won't view on the ipad and how I can solve this issue?

Thank you :)

zaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Catmt82,

Have you found a way to solve you images problem? I'm considering to buy goodreader to do the same kind of things as you are doing, so i'd be happy to know if this works... or not. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts