What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are you buying the iPad 2?

Are you buying an iPad 2?

• Yes, Definitely!

Votes: 389 75.1%
  • No

Votes: 73 14.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 56 10.8%

• Total voters

ProPhotoGA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Back in March I said I would not. Well I am here to eat my words. Purchased
a 64gb iPad 2 Wifi last Sunday. My previous 64gb iPad 1 went to replace my
wife's 32gb iPad that died. She is happy, I am happy and all is good. It is
faster and smoother when processing the GPS data and charts in Foreflight
HD.

zaccolbert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm still undecided, it seems like only yesterday i got my iPad, although it was a year ago I just don't know if the iPad 2 improves enough on the first model to warrant me buying it. I'll probably play with some friends' iPad 2s and then make an informed decision

guga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I live in Brazil and I will buy mine in USA. I can not wait to have my Ipad 2 !

Davesnhere

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ordered mine last week, according to UPS it just arrived from China and is currently in Anchorage Alaska....Can't wait till it gets here(NJ)!!!!

Davesnhere

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ordered mine last week, according to UPS it just arrived from China and is currently in Anchorage Alaska....Can't wait till it gets here(NJ)!!!!

WOW!!!! Just checked the UPS tracking, and it's now due here in NJ by 10:30am!!! Damn, Alaska to NJ in a little over 24 hrs!!! I feel like a kid at Christmas, Can't wait!!!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Davesnhere said:
WOW!!!! Just checked the UPS tracking, and it's now due here in NJ by 10:30am!!! Damn, Alaska to NJ in a little over 24 hrs!!! I feel like a kid at Christmas, Can't wait!!!

You got me excited with your enthusiasm. Have fun with it.

bulba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Guys, I am doing some research and arrived here =) . I'm thinking to buy an ipad2 3g 32gb but I'm still undecided whether to wait for the ipad 3 since I'm not rush. Any thoughts when will the ipad 3 will be available or Ill just buy the ipad 2 now. Thanks

Purpose : Office / School / Entertainment

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There, for sure, is no definite information on when the iPad3 will be available but, if Apple run 'true to form' it will be next year some time - probably Spring 2012 at the usual Apple event.

Tim

Qzuelic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Guys, I am doing some research and arrived here =) . I'm thinking to buy an ipad2 3g 32gb but I'm still undecided whether to wait for the ipad 3 since I'm not rush. Any thoughts when will the ipad 3 will be available or Ill just buy the ipad 2 now. Thanks

Purpose : Office / School / Entertainment

I was in the same boat as you. Did quite a bit of surfing to find some information on how I might be able to use the iPad and if now was a good time, or if I should wait. From everything I had seen, the ipad3 most likely won't be out until about March, give or take - maybe before, maybe later. Since I plan on actually trying to use my iPad for work purposes, I went ahead and bought one. I plan on using it for movies, music, games, browsing, etc, but my main reason was to use it as an extension of my macbook and to try and really take advantage of some of the useful tools (such as Omnifocus, and I am sure there are plenty other good apps out there) to get myself organized while out and about. I thought if I waited for the iPad 3, I would miss almost half a year to see how it may help me. After doing all of my research, I also came to the conclusion that if it doesn't do what I want, or the iPad3 seems better, I could always sell it and recoup most of my money (seeing what most have been going for on ebay and apple refurbs).

Mine is an ipad2 3g 64gb, and I am excited to really dig into it over the next few days.

bulba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Tim and Qzuelic ! Ive made up my mind, will get one next =)

Last edited:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
dragonracer37 said:
i have a silly question: when should i get the ipad 2? now or later in the year or Christmas, maybe new years?

Wow, don't you mind when you get it, as long as you get one eventually? That being said unless you really want to wait for the new IPad 3 which could be next April, the sooner the better in my opinion.

dragonracer37

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, don't you mind when you get it, as long as you get one eventually? That being said unless you really want to wait for the new IPad 3 which could be next April, the sooner the better in my opinion.

then its final, i am getting one soon.

Most reactions

Latest posts