What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are you buying the iPad 2?

Are you buying an iPad 2?

• Yes, Definitely!

Votes: 389 75.1%
  • No

Votes: 73 14.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 56 10.8%

• Total voters

DeepThinker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's what happened to me...

I was curious about the IPAD2, on the day it was released I was out shopping and decided to take a chance and check Futureshop, they only had the 16G model left so I went across the road to BestBuy and joined a short line, a salesperson came by and I asked how the process worked, he sent another salesperson over who offered me a ticket for the 32G WiFi + 3G so I took it. Shortly after that people who had been waiting in line ahead of me realized that they had not received a ticket, I thought there was going to be a riot, lol. A bunch left very quickly before I had a chance to find out who was first ahead of me without a ticket, since I wasn't that intent on buying the iPad2. That's how I ended up with the iPad2. Now that we have it we love it, it's used every single day and the apps are really impressive. My wife, who I didn't think would care for it at all, is addicted, as are our 3 kids. It's simply amazing. It certainly isn't cheap, but the fact that it's used so much makes it worthwhile. I recently picked up a new Yamaha receiver that is controlled by the iPAD2, how cool is that! We took it away on our last 10 day cruise, it was so much more convenient than lugging the laptop along. Yes it is a toy, but it's a very very cool toy. If you can afford it, go for it, you won't regret it.

Si_RyAaann

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i just got my Ipad 2 white 32gb wifi. i had a hard time looking for one ! everywhere was sold out !

Vocali05

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ipad2 is in Korea should be here by Friday according to tracking number

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

jelina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My dream is 128Gb and retina I love the fact that the new Digital output dongle is backwards compatible with iPad1 I won an iPad and the wife won an iPod in a contest this past march ..

liebedaisy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.shoppingkool.com
I haven' decided whether to buy ipad 2 or not. It's said that ipad 3 and iphone 5 will come out this octorber, is it right? Maybe I can wait until then.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dukins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im purchasing one today, im exchanging the galaxy tab 10.1 that I just bought for a 32gb 3g wifi version. I so miss my ipad. Android tabs just dont do it for me. Love my android phone but the tabs have a ways to go.

Glasair

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad 2 Screen Cracks and voids warranty

I purchased the ipad 2 and found the functionality to be as advertised. Within the first month it slid off a suitcase and cracked the touchscreen (yes it was in a protective case). I called Apple to see how to get it replaced and their first statement was that now the screen was cracked I no longer have a warranty on the unit. They completely washed their hands and want $369 plus shipping each way to replace the $20 touch screen. The glass in the screen was made thinner than the original Ipad to cut cost and weight and therefore will crack easily. Apple takes no responsibility for this cheap design and sheds their warranty responsivility for the entire unit once the cheap screen fails. I will not purchase another Apple product after going through this experience and I certainly would not give them another $369 for a bad screen. There are a lot of great competing tables being manufactured with supporting apps. So long to Apple.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glasair said:
I purchased the ipad 2 and found the functionality to be as advertised. Within the first month it slid off a suitcase and cracked the touchscreen (yes it was in a protective case). I called Apple to see how to get it replaced and their first statement was that now the screen was cracked I no longer have a warranty on the unit. They completely washed their hands and want $369 plus shipping each way to replace the $20 touch screen. The glass in the screen was made thinner than the original Ipad to cut cost and weight and therefore will crack easily. Apple takes no responsibility for this cheap design and sheds their warranty responsivility for the entire unit once the cheap screen fails. I will not purchase another Apple product after going through this experience and I certainly would not give them another $369 for a bad screen. There are a lot of great competing tables being manufactured with supporting apps. So long to Apple.

Well a search on here would suggest that Apple often replace ipads with cracked and broken screens free of charge, the key here is that it helps if you can get to a store......although I appreciate that not everyone can.

The Archangel

aihna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, actually I already have iPad 2 just last month. And I'm enjoying my iPad 2 now :D

albert2k

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I purchase my 2cond one. I gave the first that I purchased (32GB) to my wife and purchased an 64GB, WiFi for me.

Most reactions