What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple "expert" help unsatisfactory

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
OK, did no one read my post? I'll post it again, here is the link Hotmail Issues with iPad
Hotmail Issues with iPad
Recently we received few reports from iPad customers about not been able to access Hotmail from their Apple iPads.
To ensure your continued use of Hotmail, all iPad users will now access Hotmail using our mobile experience.

Its is a link to the Microsoft live help site. Microsoft is saying that they know about this issue. It is a known problem and Microsoft has no plans to fix it. They say that all ipad users should be using the website to access live email.

THATS IT!!!!
its microsofts problem, only they can fix it and they dont plan on doing it any time soon.

End of story, thats all she wrote, kapeesh.
Get over it and stop using this crappy service.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
W

whitet3260

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, did no one read my post? I'll post it agian, here is the link Hotmail Issues with iPad
Hotmail Issues with iPad
Recently we received few reports from iPad customers about not been able to access Hotmail from their Apple iPads.
To ensure your continued use of Hotmail, all iPad users will now access Hotmail using our mobile experience.

Its is a link the the Microsoft live help site. Microsoft is saying that they know about this issue. It is a known problem and Microsoft has no plans to fix it. They say that all ipad users should be using the website to access live email.

THATS IT!!!!
its microsofts problem, only they can fix it and they dont plan on doing it any time soon.

"Kapeesh?" Perhaps you meant, "capisce?"
So Apple expects Microsoft to fix problems Apple has connecting with Microsoft? Suppose a vendor sold a product that was supposed to work with all American cars. If it didn't work in a Chrysler, do you suppose that Chrysler would go to any effort to make it work? I doubt it. In this case, Apple is selling a product they say will work with PCs, but the only PCs it will work with are those running an obsolete version of its mail system. Sorry, it's not Microsoft's problem to make Apple products work with their software. It's Apple's.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
OK, did no one read my post? I'll post it agian, here is the link Hotmail Issues with iPad
Hotmail Issues with iPad

Its is a link the the Microsoft live help site. Microsoft is saying that they know about this issue. It is a known problem and Microsoft has no plans to fix it. They say that all ipad users should be using the website to access live email.

THATS IT!!!!

"Kapeesh?" Perhaps you meant, "capisce?"
So Apple expects Microsoft to fix problems Apple has connecting with Microsoft? Suppose a vendor sold a product that was supposed to work with all American cars. If it didn't work in a Chrysler, do you suppose that Chrysler would go to any effort to make it work? I doubt it. In this case, Apple is selling a product they say will work with PCs, but the only PCs it will work with are those running an obsolete version of its mail system. Sorry, it's not Microsoft's problem to make Apple products work with their software. It's Apple's.

THERE IS NO PROBLEM ON APPLES SIDE, THE ISSUE IS ON MICROSOFTS SIDE!!!
THEY DONT KNOW HOW TO SET UP A POP3 SERVER TO WORK WITH ALL CLIENTS. THEY SAID ON THEIR OWN SITE THAT IT IS THEIR PROBLEM NOT APPLES.
internetfight.jpg

Just take your ipad back to the store, return it and go buy a Microsoft tablet since you seem to think they can do no wrong.

P.S. you're making Oregon State University look bad.

Last edited:

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mike:

Your regular contributions to many posts throughout this forum is very appreciated. I have alot of respect for what you advise and what you offer as being a tremendous value-add to my ownership of this technology. This is the very first Apple product I have ever owned. Apple is a whole new world compared to my mainframe/middleware/enduser interface world.

I suspect that the OP that started this thread just does not understand what that difference is. If he was someone who was a director of computing (retired) at OSU--much of the technological support he received whilst at OSU was provided by work study technicians who probably had a tool kit that only included what was only supported on the OSU image. I would bet that when the iPad is readily available and supported on the OSU campus, the lab will have figured out a workaround to this POP3 MSFT vs APPL impasse and apply it to the standard, supported, desktop image. This is the only way enterprises, such OSU can support their endusers. Once you have graduated, or in the case of the OP--retired, you are no longer part of that supported network.

So it is kind of tough to rely on your own wit, resources, and knowledge to figure out something so simple as retrieving email on ANY device. If I was in the same shoe as the OP (and I too was at one time a "director of computing") it is extremely frustrating not having a help desk to call that will know exactly what I want and who will come to my desk side and fix it.

Your PS at the end of your note shows a tremendous amount of patience and subtle kindness. THANK YOU for all that you do to help.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I totally agree Mike does a great job providing help / support. We cannot make it any clearer that Microsoft needs to fix the problem it is in black and white Case is closed

OP
W

whitet3260

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I totally agree Mike does a great job providing help / support. We cannot make it any clearer that Microsoft needs to fix the problem it is in black and white Case is closed

Nonsense. Why should Microsoft fix a problem that only manifests itself at Apple? I can understand completely why Microsoft refuses to help the competition.

And, Mike, I suggest that you're (not "your") making your family look bad.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for that dose of sanity MattIM I was beginning to worry about the IT support at OSU.
When you hear IT you think of geeks rather than admin types......

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys why don’t like me just ignore: whitet3260 , even god cannot make him satisfied hater (or troll) like him don’t worth we spend time to reply

The more terrible is Mike found the correct answer for his problem, but even thank you he didn’t receive from him, just like we are is personnal helpdesk

Last edited:

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have no problem understanding your grammar or English iPad one. I have problem when some one states they don't understand you. This is an international forum with hundreds of users from around the world not every one is fluent in English but frankly I always understand what you are saying.

Most likely individuals that do make comments live in a box and have not visited Asian countries or have been associated with people from other countries.

In regard to white, I do not need to ignore him as it is not worth it. I frankly could not care less what he thinks or says as we have given the answers if he does not accept it that's his choice. The answer was provided by Microsoft and has to be resolved by Microsoft and as I stated earlier in a post no further comment is needed.

Last edited:

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have no problem understanding your grammar or English iPad one. I have problem when some one states they don't understand you. This is an international forum with hundreds of users from around the world not every one is fluent in English but frankly I always understand what you are saying.

Most likely individuals that do make comments live in a box and have not visited Asian countries or have been associated with people from other countries.

In regard to white, I do not need to ignore him as it is not worth it. I frankly could not care less what he thinks or says as we have given the answers if he does not accept it that's his choice. The answer was provided by Microsoft and has to be resolved by Microsoft and as I stated earlier in a post no further comment is needed.

Hi Colin, surely my english is not perfect , but i can live with that enough right ??

For be back on this subject : it’s like you criticize ford because Michelin don’t made tire at the size of the bronco , because ford have special size …

As Apple user you also know the Microsoft problem all mac user have : with MSN, WORD, excel, or how entourage is crappy software … but in the eyes of white is Apple responsible …

and i have laugh a lot with the blackmail like : if apple don’t solve my problem i will inform all my friend …. this look like for me like a kindergarden sentence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts