What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DH from Kentucky Need Help with VPN

dhinton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
To start wil I am an IT personal for a small business and my certifications are all Microsoft. Now with tha being said, HELPPPPPPPP! My boss has now enlisted me to get IPads for him and several of our mobile people to be able to access their e-mails and such much quicker than trying to open with their laptops. E-mails with Microsoft exchange I do not have a problem with as I have set this up on their Iphones many times.

Now he wants to be able to access public folders and his documents that reside on our server. I do have the VPN connection working but now what do I do.

What apps do I need to get this done.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
To start wil I am an IT personal for a small business and my certifications are all Microsoft. Now with tha being said, HELPPPPPPPP! My boss has now enlisted me to get IPads for him and several of our mobile people to be able to access their e-mails and such much quicker than trying to open with their laptops. E-mails with Microsoft exchange I do not have a problem with as I have set this up on their Iphones many times.

Now he wants to be able to access public folders and his documents that reside on our server. I do have the VPN connection working but now what do I do.

What apps do I need to get this done.

Is the problem simply being able to retrieve the documents on the server? i.e. your concern is that Safari can't download many file types?

Tim

OP
D

dhinton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim, I need the users to be able to access our public folders on outlook and also their document folders that reside on out servers. The only thing that I can find on using VPN on the IPAD 2 is that it gives you a more secure connection rather than doing WI-FI. The VPN connection uses the resourses from out servers but it does not actual allow you to det to your information without another app. Is this correct? IF so what apps to I need in order to allow them to see our public folders and access their documents on our servers.

ascssmith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What you need is the OWA apps, they don't make a microsoft Outllok app, but if you search for outlook in app store, you'll see a bunch of them there. They all give you the public folders option, or do as I do, I use OWA straight through Safari.

Most reactions

Latest posts