App updates

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Pauley, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Pauley

Pauley
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I updated to the new IOS 7. I like everything, but one problem that I've encountered and not sure how to correct it... When I go to the App Store to update an app that I was notified about, it does update with no problem, BUT, the app never disappears frm my update list. I only have the option to open that particular app. Is there a way I can delete if from the list of apps that was already updated?

2. Mickey330

Mickey330
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    My understanding, from reading about it on the Interwebz, is that those updates will stay on the update page (they'll change from "update" to "open").

My guess as to why is so that those people who elect to have their iPads update apps automatically can have a chance/time to see what apps have been updated. Otherwise, with the auto-update feature, how would you ever know...?

That's my guess anyway - and I hear each updated app disappears from the list after a week or so. Or some time. They won't stay forever...

Marilyn

3. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    Yes, it looks like the Updates tab will now keep a history of recently updated apps. This makes a lot of sense when you realize you can now set apps to update automatically. If it didn't you'd have no way (short of scrolling through all your Home Screens and looking for blue dots) to see what apps had recently been updated.

If, like me, you have not enabled automatic updates, fear not. Apps with updates available, but not downloaded, will appear at the top of the list with and UPDATE button, just like before; and the Update All option is still available (when applicable).

4. fuzzyfelts

fuzzyfelts
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Thank goodness for this forum, I have got this list of updated apps and was wondering what was going on, quick look through the forum pages and up pops the answer. This site is worth it's weight in gold!

Sent from Wales.

5. Pauley

Pauley
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Thanks... It's people lie you and places like this that make owning an ipad more enjoyable!

6. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    Thanks. Lots of good people on this forum.