What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App Store issue

douglashh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Successfully installed IOS 7 on 3rd Gen iPad a couple days ago. Opened App Store and there were 3 updates. Hit the Install button for each and each was installed. Opened App Store this morning and those 3 updates still show in the Updates tab but with an Open in place of the Install button.

Thought once an updated app was installed the update tab would be blank. Have closed the App Store and even rebooted my iPad. Also did a search for IOS 7 and that search will not disapear even if I delete it when I reopen the App Store it still shows in the search bar.

Are updated apps supposed to stay in the UPDATE window even after they are installed?

Thanks.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Successfully installed IOS 7 on 3rd Gen iPad a couple days ago. Opened App Store and there were 3 updates. Hit the Install button for each and each was installed. Opened App Store this morning and those 3 updates still show in the Updates tab but with an Open in place of the Install button. Thought once an updated app was installed the update tab would be blank. Have closed the App Store and even rebooted my iPad. Also did a search for IOS 7 and that search will not disapear even if I delete it when I reopen the App Store it still shows in the search bar. Are updated apps supposed to stay in the UPDATE window even after they are installed? Thanks.
They'll stay there for a few days, with "Open" next to them. This is new, it's meant to be this way in iOS 7.

L

Lunar

We used to call them bugs, but these days we call them features ;-)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
In this case it is a feature. If you enable automatic updates this list will be the easiest way to keep track of what has changed on your device. The other option would be to go through all your home screens and folders looking for blue dots. ;)

Apps updates that have not been downloaded will be at the top of the list with an Update button next to them.

Most reactions

Latest posts