What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone having luck selling at a higher price?

tweeter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There someone on eBay that has one with a "buy it now" price of $1400. I'm not sure what he's smoking, but he needs to share!

None available around here. Best Buy said they hoped to have some by the end of the week. I can wait. If I have to wait too long, might as well hold out for the iPad3. LOL, I'm sure in a month or so there'll be a good supply.

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
tweeter said:
There someone on eBay that has one with a "buy it now" price of $1400. I'm not sure what he's smoking, but he needs to share!

None available around here. Best Buy said they hoped to have some by the end of the week. I can wait. If I have to wait too long, might as well hold out for the iPad3. LOL, I'm sure in a month or so there'll be a good supply.

No kidding. I sure could use some delusional escape from reality for a few hours, myself...

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
F

FatalDesain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tzimisce said:
What doesn't make sense is why anyone would buy 5 for the hell of it when they only need one.

I needed zero but i made some lazy people happy as i sold most of them. Apple got there money, buyer got his ipad 2 no line just 100 more, and i made some money just for being savy. Everybody wins.

You have to accept that not everybody could get one anyway. Trust me I rather buy first gens for 200 and sell high. In a way i'm helping the price stay high for you and apple. A month ago it was 500 now its almost 200 that awesome. Didn't people do the same with real estate.

tweeter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just check some of the prices on eBay, they're insane, and people are actually bidding. The buy it now for 1400 is local to me, and that's still there. If people are willing to pay, I can't blame anyone for making a few extra $$$. I hate to wait, but can't afford those prices either.

Instant gratification is so much more fun than learning patience.

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
tweeter said:
Just check some of the prices on eBay, they're insane, and people are actually bidding. The buy it now for 1400 is local to me, and that's still there. If people are willing to pay, I can't blame anyone for making a few extra $$$. I hate to wait, but can't afford those prices either.

Instant gratification is so much more fun than learning patience.

Geez. $1400 for ONE? For that kind of dough, you could order two or three, keep one and sell the other(s) for $100 more each and still make a nice little profit.

Instant gratification IS fun but it can also be the hallmark of sheer, blind stupidity. But hey, to each his own. If someone thinks an iPad 2 is worth that kind of coin, so be it-he's a winner. But the seller becomes a GOD.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

pikapp168

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm only selling mine for $50 over cost. and it comes with a case. I paid $800 after tax for my White 64Gb Wifi and Griffin Portfolio case. So I'm selling it for $850. I found out late that our company is giving us all iPad 2's for work. That is the only reason I'm selling it.

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
pikapp168 said:
I'm only selling mine for $50 over cost. and it comes with a case. I paid $800 after tax for my White 64Gb Wifi and Griffin Portfolio case. So I'm selling it for $850. I found out late that our company is giving us all iPad 2's for work. That is the only reason I'm selling it.

Yep, got that on the other thread, too. :) I'm just glad that deal worked out for you.

Well, I'd certainly be interested in your iPad 2 if it had AT&T 3G and you were in northern CA. Oh well....

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Instant gratification IS fun but it can also be the hallmark of sheer, blind stupidity. But hey, to each his own. If someone thinks an iPad 2 is worth that kind of coin, so be it-he's a winner.

You know the saying about fools and money. Individual stupidity is one thing, and you can't do much about it. But it is precisely because of such impatient/lazy/ignorant yet cash-rich buyers that contribute to the ongoing malignant existence of these secondary grey/black markets, which in turn has an effect on the primary market (if nothing else, scalpers create a lot of ill-feeling and discord in fan and collector communities.)

Most reactions

Latest posts