What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's apple craze time / New IPAD owners Read

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatalDesain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Man steve jobs should start a religion with his cult following. People are selling their ipads for low 200's people are standing in line for almost all day. Just to get an ipad that is pretty much the same thing. Most of them already or did own the first ipad. I can understand wanting one but waiting in line for one never. Not even a 10 person line would i wait. I will live by this statement apple products are and always will be overpriced. If the ipad cost less money wouldn't more people buy them and buy more apps which in return would still be more money.

Apple is a great example of a successful business but I don't understand the need to control everything. To me it's like if I made the ipad first but I put my face as the background and nobody can ever change it. People would be like I love the ipad but can you remove your face as would like a different background and I say tough don't buy it if you have a problem. That's pretty much apples stance on alot of things.

Apple will eventually lose this battle to android, it might take sometime but unless apple has some kind of alien technology, it is guaranteed that android will overtake it in the next few years. But for the meantime a 200 ipad is a really good deal and apple make really quality products.

I will own an ipad2 when prices go under 400 in the next few months which it as the more people that buy the more people sell and sellers competing and get desperate leads to low prices.

To any potential new ipad owners here is my advice and you will never lose:

1. Craigslist is your best friend
2. Lowball everybody
3. Be patient, its just a toy you can wait
4. Sell before next announcement, and always sell more than you paid. (If you bought low you will be making a profit)
5. And you never need more than 16gb and 3G is a waste of money (get a smartphone tether for free, and unlimited data helps)

nasomi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe to you 3g is a waste of money, but you dont' speak for quite a few people. I regret not getting a 3g ipad, and i will be getting a 3g ipad2, for the gps capabilities. I have a mifi, but I don't always carry it. I have a smartphone that offers free teathering with unlimited data plan, but if I have to make a call, I'm off line. I travel with my kids, if someone else wants internet, I'm not going to tie up my phone. Mifi doesn't have the best battery life. ipad 3g has it's place.

Lowball everyone isn't going to make you friends, you're going to be "that dick that just emailed everyone." If you want to lowball, put a "wanted, offering $xxx" ad up, it's a hell of a lot more polite.

Perhaps 16gb is enough for you, but not everyone. If I'm on the road for a week, I want a pile of tv shows and movies on my ipad before I go. I have a pile of music on my ipad as well, everything that's in itunes, with appropriate playlists created, so that what ever style I want, I pick and go.

There are good ipad buyers guides out there, but this is not one.

Evaluate your needs. Look at it from a practical standpoint. If you're constantly on the road, it's worth it to store more content so you can keep a variety. If you want something so you can browse on the couch while watching tv, but will plug into your computer later in hte evening, you may not need as much.

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
this is a very self opinionated post, which certainly isn't giving good advise. i'm a first time ipad buyer btw.

1. Craigslist is your best friend - certainly isn't. there's more to life than living in america you know.

2. Lowball everybody - what does this mean?

3. Be patient, its just a toy you can wait - i definitely agree on this one :)

4. Sell before next announcement, and always sell more than you paid. (If you bought low you will be making a profit) - an obvious statement, but what if you dont want/need to sell, and what if you purchased it first hand through an Apple officiated shop? you'll never come close to re-cooping your initial outlay

5. And you never need more than 16gb and 3G is a waste of money (get a smartphone tether for free, and unlimited data helps) - eh? wha? first off, who are you to say i'll never need more than 16gb? lol. i know for a fact i'll need/want more than that. Secondly, get wi-fi and tether a smart phone? what a faff, and a lower powered contradiction to 3g.

not trying to be nasty here, but there's a whole world potentially reading these boards. how old are you? you obviously sound like you have an immature axe to grind on a budget ;)

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple is in the business of raping it's customers this is nothing new so why not just add some vasoline to make it easyier on people

Rape is arguably the worst act of violence that one human being can commit on another. Your statement is neither true nor pithy nor meaningful in any way.

Reaction score
Supply and demand
If people are willing to stand in line and pay the price why fault the folks at Apple for selling at top $? You said so yourself, you've made a good profit reselling a product. Whether it be the emporors new clothes or the real deal the product sells,buyers are happy,shareholders are happy,retailers are happy,Apple employees are happy. Win/win
As far as which one is best,that's a personal decision

Support Our Troops!!
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.
You read it correctly, iPad and Tapatalk muhahaha! :D

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
No I'm 30 and honestly I have made probably like 1500 profit buying and selling ipads which should be hard to do since apple priced them right and it's in high demand. I have a job I don't this the because I'm cheap I'm far from that. I assure you I blew the 1500 on stuff.

A smart seller none of this would work on because for one they are not desperate. And to the comment of making alot of friends your buying something online or craigslist I doubt they will care if you ipad breaks in a week. Like charlie sheen I like winning so if people want to join the apple craze at least do it where it hurts your pocket the least. Why give att more money than you have too. People like you guys are the reason people overspend because they think oh no 3g I'm stuck can't go online.

Apple is in the business of raping it's customers this is nothing new so why not just add some vasoline to make it easyier on people

I would HIGHLY suggest you edit that last bit of your post m8........

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I've never heard so many buying signals in one post before. Just buy it, you don't need us to verify your lust.

Anyway, I sold my old iPad online in about 5-minutes for $530. You have obviously never used the iPad 2. I've used both and the new one is a clear improvement. If you were able to run iMovie, or if you're in to DSLR photography you would quickly see how 64gb is not "too much." Try Garage Band on the original and on the iPad 2 if you want to see the difference. And 3G is great. Try having your kids watch Netflix in the backseat on the Interstate without it.

Go ahead, buy it! :)

OP
F

FatalDesain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry to be a troll but I'm a apple hater and always will be. I wish a more open system was number 1. Maybe oneday this will come true with android or web os. Sorry guys but I will never understand the apple craze.

danrivito

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I understand the desire for Apple to not be so restrictive and be more open like Android... But the bottom line is... apple products work and they work every time. I have never experienced a product that is this seamless and glitch free. If it weren't for all the force closes and heavy lag on my android devices than I probably never would have considered an iPad. The fact remains though... Once you play with an iPad and experience the quality first hand, you cant fully appreciate it.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
FatalDesain said:
Sorry to be a troll but I'm a apple hater and always will be. I wish a more open system was number 1. Maybe oneday this will come true with android or web os. Sorry guys but I will never understand the apple craze.

Then get off the forum? Get over it and go enjoy your crappy xoom

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will own an ipad2 when prices go under 400 in the next few months which it as the more people that buy the more people sell and sellers competing and get desperate leads to low prices.

Sorry to be a troll but I'm a apple hater and always will be.

You're not sorry at all!

You know what I am? I am a troll hater! I hate when someone comes to my forum for the sole purpose of stirring up trouble. You don't know what you want other than to see your name splashed all over the forum.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions