1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

An annoying badge on 'Settings' icon!

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by izunia301, Nov 13, 2011.

1. izunia301

izunia301 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Please help! Ever since I declined the air upgrade to iOS 5.0.1 my iPad has been showing a badge on 'Settings' icon! Does anyone know how to remove it? Will be grateful for any ideas. Thanks
  2. muffinb

muffinb iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you have a jailbroken ipad, you can download Badge Clear from Cydia and it will let you remove any badges you don't want. It cost 99cents.
  3. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,754 / 0
    And, if you don't have a jail broken iDevice yet (cause, maybe, you have an iPhone that you want to leave on iOS 5.0 because you hope that a jail break will come soon, but, oh my heavens (!) if it doesn't come soon you are going to kill somebody because that badge is going to freakin' drive you nuts ... not that you're OCD or anything, but honestly, did Apple have to make it so that denying an over-the-air update would ensure you'd always see the consequences of that decision with that bright red badge sitting right there on your Settings app, which is sitting right there on your main page (!)...maybe it's their way of making people snap and accept their upadates!)...

Wait, what was I saying...?

All you can do is ignore it. There's no way to remove that bright red badge until/unless you update to iOS 5.0.1 ... or jail break the device to do as muffinb suggests. Which you can't do ... yet.

Sorry. Does it help to know you're not alone with that bright red badge sticking out right there on your Settings icon...? :D

Marilyn

Wanders off, mumbling: red, red, red, re....
  4. izunia301

izunia301 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the replies, guys! My iPad isn't jailbroken and I did update to 5.0.1.... Via USB! I even tried factory reset and it didn't help. I suppose I would have to wait for another update or just forget the stupid badge is there, which is bloomin' hard!!
  5. muffinb

muffinb iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Actually you can jailbreak it. It will just be tethered. But it can be done. My iPad is.
  6. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,754 / 0
    Then your iPad is an iPad1, because the only jailbreak for an iPad2 is on iOS 4.3.3. You cannot jail break an iPad2 tethered.

izunia301: Did you try drilling into Settings to see if you can get rid of that badge? Cause, if you're updated to iOS 5.0.1, you shuoldn't have the badge. Maybe you have to go to that spot in Settings to get rid of it. Or, get with the folk at the Apple store - cause something else must be causing that badge on your Settings icon ...

Marilyn
  7. Gabriel1

Gabriel1 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +747 / 0
    I've moved this to the help forum as its not really news.......not IMHO anyways.

The Archangel
  8. izunia301

izunia301 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've done it!!!! No more red badge on Settings!!! :)) I restored the iPad without adding the backed up apps and it worked!!! Yipeeeeeeee!!!! :)))))))