What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Removing badge on Settings app

Gotmilk0112

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a tweak to remove the little red "1" on the Settings icon? The one that appears when there's a new version of iOS available.

I know there was a way to do it in the past, but after searching Google and Cydia, I only found a way to remove badges on the App Store icon.

I did find an app that claimed to remove badges from any app, "Badges Begone", but it didn't do anything. The "Donate" and "Email" buttons worked, but the "Set Badges" button does nothing.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Could you tell us what iOS you are currently running? And what jailbreak tool you used?

May make a difference as there are various badge removal tools for various iOS versions (plus, some jailbreak tools automatically remove the badge). Thanks.

Marilyn

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Huh. I really couldn't find anything that would help.

If I may be so bold - is there any reason why you wouldn't update to iOS 8.1.2 and then re-jailbreak with TaiG? That way, you'll be on the most recent iOS version and so won't have a badge on the Settings icon.

Since you're already on iOS 8, you won't mess anything up by going to iOS 8.1.2. Just a thought...

Marilyn

OP
G

Gotmilk0112

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, I searched around a lot, but couldn't find anything that removed the badge from Settings.

Is there any benefit to updating to 8.1.2? The info in the settings app says I'm already on "8.1".

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, the benefit for you, specifically, is that you will be able to get rid of the red icon badge. ;)

iOS 8.1.2 is a minor upgrade - but upgrading to it means you'll be on the most current iOS. Which is something that is always good for a jailbreaker.

I have my iPhone 6 Plus and my iPad Air on iOS 8.1.2 and both jailbroken with TaiG. So far, knock on wood, I've got no issues with either.

Marilyn

Most reactions