What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3 wishes

Guy1717

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't jailbroken my Ipad2 yet.

My 3 wishes to jailbreak are ...

Can i watch flash videos in a normal way like on pc ?

Is there a music player app like Winamp ?

Is there an alternitave mail app for all my accounts ?

Thx for any info

Guy

Gui

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can i watch flash videos in a normal way like on pc ? (Almost with other browsers)

Is there a music player app like Winamp ? (Don't Know but probably)

Is there an alternitave mail app for all my accounts ? (Yes)

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
No. JB does not allow you to watch flash any better than it does or would if you were not JB.

And it never will.

iPad does not support flash.

Are you sure? I remember I once installed "Frash" (or something like that, don't really remember the name) thourough SSH on my iPad 1.
It allowed me to watch flash movies.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
RudyL90 said:
Are you sure? I remember I once installed "Frash" (or something like that, don't really remember the name) thourough SSH on my iPad 1.

Once upon a long ago. It was never updated, and no longer works AFAIK. It was never a stable reliable flash solution.

m3fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
RudyL90 said:

I'm currently using IPad 2 JB with Frash installed as my flash plugin to browse the Internet. No problems whatsoever! Just google search for Frash 0.01 deb file for IPad 2 and you will be amazed to see that it does exist and work unfortunately it's not 100% stable!

Enjoy!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
m3fan said:
I'm currently using IPad 2 JB with Frash installed as my flash plugin to browse the Internet. No problems whatsoever! Just google search for Frash 0.01 deb file for IPad 2 and you will be amazed to see that it does exist and work unfortunately it's not 100% stable!

Enjoy!

OK, my bad. I stand corrected. It works, but not stable.

m3fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:

No worries, I was just being nosy, lol! Thanks for replying to my nosiness! Apologize if I have intruded in anyway!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
f4780y said:

No worries, I was just being nosy, lol! Thanks for replying to my nosiness! Apologize if I have intruded in anyway!

Not at all, I have not problem when folks point out I am wrong, if I am.
I just wish I could ever have got anything other than a "food" error with frash. Being a fatboy, I normally enjoy food a lot, so it is doubly disappointing ;)

Last edited:

m3fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Not at all, I have not problem when folks point out I am wrong, if I am.
I just wish I could ever have got anything other than a "food" error with frash. Being a fatboy, I normally enjoy food a lot, so it is doubly disappointing ;)

Yes! Now that you mentioned it. It took me a few attempts to get things right. Had to redo the copying of the frash deb file into the Autoinstall folder quite a few times to get things working. It's about 90% stable for me [crossing my fingers]!

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ilikeapps

iPF Noob
Reaction score
m3fan said:
Yes! Now that you mentioned it. It took me a few attempts to get things right. Had to redo the copying of the frash deb file into the Autoinstall folder quite a few times to get things working. It's about 90% stable for me [crossing my fingers]!

Cheers!

Can you pm me and tell me how too do it?
Ty

m3fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ilikeapps said:
Can you pm me and tell me how too do it?
Ty

First of all you need to know how to gain access into your Ipad. Google search for Cyberduck (if u r using a Mac), or use WinSCP (if using a PC). Either or are programs for you to access folders and files within your Apple devices, i.e. iPads, IPhones, etc.

Next once you gain access, go to "var" folder; then "root" folder; then "media" folder, and create a folder name called "Cydia". Go into the Cydia folder and create another folder called "AutoInstall".

Now go online and search in google for frash 0.01.deb file and download it. It should be a really small file. Copy this frash file into the "AutoInstall" folder and once completed reboot your IPad.

Congrats, and you should be able to use flash on 90% of websites out there. Hopefully we will get a newer version of Frash for IPad soon that'll be even more stable!

I'm actually using this to watch flash movies online (direct streaming). Works great and if my browser does crash, I just relaunch it and every thing works again! Hey, at least we can still use it. It's better than no option at all! Hope you agree with me?

Cheers!

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
what size is that .deb file you got, you said small, i see 22mb.

orijonl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am seeing links to some other versions, but I'm wondering if the one you've mentioned (0.1) is the most stable.

Most reactions

Latest posts