What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 6 beta 3 hack/setup question

devGOD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
few questions regarding iOS 6 beta 3

1. If I install beta 6.0 ver3 will I retain all my settings from 5.1.1?
2. When it comes time to update to 6.0 final will my settings apps update as normal?
3. I have the New iPad and its not jailbroken what's the easiest / trouble free way to get beta 6 on my ipad without having a dev account?

thanks

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
few questions regarding iOS 6 beta 3

1. If I install beta 6.0 ver3 will I retain all my settings from 5.1.1?
2. When it comes time to update to 6.0 final will my settings apps update as normal?
3. I have the New iPad and its not jailbroken what's the easiest / trouble free way to get beta 6 on my ipad without having a dev account?

thanks

I'm not quite sure how a beta works as far as updating and upgrading. I'm not a developer, so I just wait until a new iOS has been officially released.

I can, however, answer your last question very definitively: There is no way to get the beta of iOS 6 on your iPad without having a developer account. Any discussion of any other way is against this forum's rules.

Marilyn

OP
D

devGOD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not quite sure how a beta works as far as updating and upgrading. I'm not a developer, so I just wait until a new iOS has been officially released.

I can, however, answer your last question very definitively: There is no way to get the beta of iOS 6 on your iPad without having a developer account. Any discussion of any other way is against this forum's rules.

Marilyn

thanks. from your signature I see that you've jail broken your New iPad... how would you rate the experience? any battery drain issues? Also are you still able to purchase apps and connect to iTunes? If I backup my iPad prior jailbreaking would I be able to restore that backup retaining my setting?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
thanks. from your signature I see that you've jail broken your New iPad... how would you rate the experience? any battery drain issues? Also are you still able to purchase apps and connect to iTunes? If I backup my iPad prior jailbreaking would I be able to restore that backup retaining my setting?

I would rate as 110% positive! I've been jailbreaking my iPads for over a year now and have never had a problem. I also never noticed any battery drain issues. I can(and do!) use the iPad all day on a single charge. I always plug it in at night while I sleep, so its ready for me in the morning.

I just had this discussion with a fellow moderator: I gave some serious thought to removing my jail break and going stock in anticipation of iOS 6. Because, sometimes, it gets a bit old, waiting on an update for the jail break. But - then I think of having to use my iPad without tweaks such as iKeywi or SwipeSelection and I get over any thoughts of being stock VERY quickly! And, that's not mentioning all the other tweaks and such that are available.

I have never had an issue with purchasing apps or connecting to iTunes. The jail broken iPad behaves exactly as a stock one when connecting or interacting with iTunes. Granted, I only use iTunes to do a backup and transfer my purchases over from the iPad, but it works flawlessly.

Lastly, yes, if you make a backup right before you jail break, you can "restore from backup" (using iTunes). This will not interfere with your jail break in any way.

Hope this answers some of your questions and concerns. Yes, I am a bit prejudiced - but I think the iPad is vastly improved if its jail broken and running some of the fabulous tweaks that are available (both free and purchased). Here's hoping the jail breaking community continues to stay strong, because I couldn't imagine having to use a stock iPad.

Marilyn

sic0048

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many people incorrectly equate jailbreaking with stealing apps. While there is a group that want to jailbreak so they can steal apps, I think most of the people that jailbreak do so to customize the iPad more than Apple allows them to in the stock version.

For example, why Apple won't release a 5 row keyboard is beyond comprehension. Every password I ever use as both numbers and letters. So being able to install other apps like iKeywi, RetinaPad, FullScreen for iPad, and other all improve the usability of the iPad very much.

After jailbreaking, I won't ever go back to a non jailbroken iSO version.

OP
D

devGOD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many people incorrectly equate jailbreaking with stealing apps. While there is a group that want to jailbreak so they can steal apps, I think most of the people that jailbreak do so to customize the iPad more than Apple allows them to in the stock version.

For example, why Apple won't release a 5 row keyboard is beyond comprehension. Every password I ever use as both numbers and letters. So being able to install other apps like iKeywi, RetinaPad, FullScreen for iPad, and other all improve the usability of the iPad very much.

After jailbreaking, I won't ever go back to a non jailbroken iSO version.

The process was painless... I backedup my data, but didn't erase so it took a bit longer but zero problems and didn't have to restore anything ikeywi hd for iPad is the first app I purchased. Is there an app to auto change the main an home screen background every day?

Most reactions