What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Installing Flash player

abmendonca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello there, I just jailbreak my Ipad2 and I'm trying to install [ ... deleted mention to piracy app ... ] the flash player and it doesn't work!
There are some tube sites and live TV channels that I am unable to watch!

Can you help?

Regards

ABM

Last edited by a moderator:

rookiedj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad will never work with flash. I'll be next in line to install if it works. But then I might be wrong.

Maybe the more pros can confirm.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello there, I just jailbreak my Ipad2 and I'm trying to install [ ... deleted mention to piracy app ... ] the flash player and it doesn't work!
There are some tube sites and live TV channels that I am unable to watch!

Can you help?

Regards

ABM

Hello, ABM -

Please read the rules of this forum before you post! We neither condone nor allow the mention or use of piracy apps.

Consider this a warning.

Marilyn

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check out the app iswifter, it handles flash video and was only .99 in app store.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Wingr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check out the app iswifter, it handles flash video and was only .99 in app store.

I would check the reviews out first. iswifter does work, but people that bought it were complaining that after they purchased it, it was converted into a subscription app that you have to pay for monthly or some such thing

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I would check the reviews out first. iswifter does work, but people that bought it were complaining that after they purchased it, it was converted into a subscription app that you have to pay for monthly or some such thing

Iswifter works for me and I don't pay any fee etc.

I have tried all the flash compatible browsers, iswifter is probably the best but it's still not that great.

I use SplashTop to a PC on my LAN when I really need flash.

brrip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
David79 said:
Same here i paid .99 once and that was it.

I prefer skyfire for that purpose. I have both, but iswifter seems slower and less slick. It also only works with wifi. I know you can change that with jailbreak tweaks, but it annoyed me a lot when my iPad wasn't jailbroken.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
David79 said:
I know you can change that with jailbreak tweaks, but it annoyed me a lot when my iPad wasn't jailbroken.

I do not think flash is any better with JB. At least from what I hear in the hacking section.

I have to say that the first time ever, since I have had my iPad, and it was year on June 20th, I finally hit a site that said the infamous:

"this site requires adobe flash, install now?"

I about died laughing! Had to GET UP and go to my office and hit the real computer!

Last edited:

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
David79 said:
Same here i paid .99 once and that was it.

I prefer skyfire for that purpose. I have both, but iswifter seems slower and less slick. It also only works with wifi. I know you can change that with jailbreak tweaks, but it annoyed me a lot when my iPad wasn't jailbroken.

Unfortunately, skydive doesn't work for flash on a LOT of sites that iswifter does.

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well the time has come, i will probably be getting something to replace my ipad! Only because my laptop finally died and I need flash for alot of what I do. There is no extra funding to buy a new laptop right now so only choice is sell ipad to get something that has flash :(

jeans94621

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try Azul app from the app store. It converts some flash videos and then plays right in the app. Also I use the Puffin browser for all my surfing. It is smooth and really fast. You can watch flash videos without having to download or wait for anything. With their last upgrade they added tabs and full screen videos. It is my most use app and my favorite browser. They upgrade quite often also so if you tried it a long time ago it has improved quite well. I like it much better than cloud browse which you have to pay a monthly fee for and it is a lot smoother .

brrip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
I do not think flash is any better with JB. At least from what I hear in the hacking section.

I have to say that the first time ever, since I have had my iPad, and it was year on June 20th, I finally hit a site that said the infamous:

"this site requires adobe flash, install now?"

I about died laughing! Had to GET UP and go to my office and hit the real computer!

Nah, I meant things like 3gunrestrictor because it can probably allow you to use iswifter on 3G and not just wifi. I think it will be awesome if the iPad can one day dual boot android 3.0. :D

Most reactions