What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 Week Old Ipad2 Issues

mike_uk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys/girls, really hoping some of you can give me some advice/insight into some issues I've recently encountered on the Ipad2 I bought for my partner 2 weeks ago.

Yesterday I noticed a faint amount of screen flickering, visible on all applications across the screen, the device is immaculate and hasnt had the faintest of knocks or any mistreatment.

A shortwhile after the flickering began the Ipad crashed and rebooted, initially it came back up OK but then it crashed again and gave me a blue screen of death, no text on it as in windows but a BSOD none the less.

Since then it has been fairly constantly rebooting, turning itself off etc. Sometimes it comes back fine only to have the screen start flickering a short while later before crashing again.

Has anyone had the misfortune to experience this themselves? Currently resyncing with Itunes and am considering updating to IOS5 (4.3.5 as things are).

If any of you kind folk could spare any advice would be much appreciated, over in France at the moment with the inlaws and speaking only broken French, this device has been my saving grace!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This definitely sounds like a hardware issue - so I suspect it's going to need a return to the Apple Store.

Since the iPad seems to be rebooting itself, there's no point in suggesting you reboot it manually (press and hold the Power and Home buttons for about ten seconds until the white Apple logo appears) - and I can't think of much else. I'm assuming it's fully charged, so a return to (any) Apple Store for a replacement seems the 'order of the day'

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts