What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 Mini - display issue

elv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
I have been experiencing intermittent fuzzy display on my iPad 2 Mini for the past few months. It started without any apparent reason. As far a I know the iPad was not dropped. The intriguing part is that it is intermittent. Usually happens after turning on display for the first time on a given day. I usually let it run for 5mins with fuzzy screen, then perform off/on display which generally fixes it for the time of use. Once the iPad is left with display off for a while the issue happens again. My guess is that it has something to do with LCD cable, but it seems that it is nearly impossible for a layman to open the iPad and fix it. Does anybody have an idea what can be done? I can live with the issue but my wife can't stand it. I tried the famed method of dropping or slapping the iPad to put cables into place, but it does not seem to work permanently. I will be grateful for any advice. Thank you.

Attachments

• Ipad.JPG
    Ipad.JPG
    692.8 KB · Views: 536
OP
elv

elv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you, J. A. for the welcome and the link. I have seen that thread. In fact, it is what brought me to the forum. Possibly it's the same issue, but in my case it's intermittent. Not sure whether that may point to different cause...

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you, J. A. for the welcome and the link. I have seen that thread. In fact, it is what brought me to the forum. Possibly it's the same issue, but in my case it's intermittent. Not sure whether that may point to different cause...
A diagnostic at an Apple Store Genius Bar would determine the cause of the problem and whether or not there’s a hardware fault.

OP
elv

elv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks so much for all your responses and input. I appreciate it. I guess I'll head down to the genius bar and get it checked out before doing anything myself. And yes, I won't drop it again.

Most reactions

Latest posts