What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email and Other App Issues

MadPrince

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I just bought an iPad 2, two weeks ago and it has worked great until now. When I go into my e-mail I am unable to delete some e-mails. If try to delete them the app just crashes and goes back to the screen showing my other apps.

My second issue is with an app for local news. When I try to open this app it gives an error message that says "Initialization Error" "Unable to initialize News Synergy. Please check your internet connection and try again". However there is nothing wrong with my internet connection because I can access the same exact app on my iPhone.

Can anyone help me solve this problem? It would be greatly appreciated.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sounds like a bug in both Apps.

I has a similar problem in Mail and it was caused by a really poorly formatted mime header in the email message. I deleted the offending email message from another email program and iOS Mail was fine.

I would report the other bug to the application developer.

-t

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you have not done so, try a restart and/or a reset.

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

OP
M

MadPrince

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I had tried restarting the iPad but not the reset. Resetting it got the e-mail working. Unfortunately the other app still doesn't work. I will try to contact the app developer. I was also wondering if I just reinstalled that app if it might work then. Thanks again!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No problem. Deleting and reinstalling the app often works. Hold in mind you will lose any documents or settings contained in the app.

lovetera

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was also wondering if I just reinstalled that app if it might work then. Thanks again!

bunbun8424

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm new here but I've had the problem of not being able to delete e-mails. I've finally discovered swiping the e-mail name in the lit of mail. The red delete appears and when pressed it actually works. Hope this helps others with this problem.

Most reactions