What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Impressions.......

iVegas702

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Waited in line for less than 2 hours. Got it home and it is almost done syncing. Can't wait to play with it.

JCat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh my GOD is this an insanely fantastic piece of hardware! Just tinkering around with the various apps, my jaw was dropping with every finger swipe. The screen is so amazing, it makes all hand held and portable devices look dated. Most of my older apps looked actually fantastic in 2X mode, while some of the text on certain apps were not as crisp; still though, I was impressed. Now, when you fire up an app made for ipad ...just WOW the resolution looks damn amazing. I'm also glad the speaker sounds pretty good!

This is so impressive that you can't help thinking how this absolutely can't fail - it's just too appealing and a joy to work with. The virtual keyboard is a breeze to use after the iphone..no comparison. Oh, and two player air hockey is a blast! lol
I tell ya', this opens up a world of possibilities ..

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh my GOD is this an insanely fantastic piece of hardware! Just tinkering around with the various apps, my jaw was dropping with every finger swipe. The screen is so amazing, it makes all hand held and portable devices look dated. Most of my older apps looked actually fantastic in 2X mode, while some of the text on certain apps were not as crisp; still though, I was impressed. Now, when you fire up an app made for ipad ...just WOW the resolution looks damn amazing. I'm also glad the speaker sounds pretty good!

This is so impressive that you can't help thinking how this absolutely can't fail - it's just too appealing and a joy to work with. The virtual keyboard is a breeze to use after the iphone..no comparison. Oh, and two player air hockey is a blast! lol

Can you still take screen shots by using the same sequence you do on the iPhone? If so would someone post some pictures of how old iPhone apps look on the iPad in normal mode verses 2X mode. How do you switch modes for old apps?

Or email them to me a [email protected] to get them off your iPad and I will post them for all to see.

Thanks

Vic

Last edited:

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Can you still take screen shots by using the same sequence you do on the iPhone? If so would someone post some pictures of how old iPhone apps look on the iPad in normal mode verses 2X mode. How do you switch modes for old apps?

Thanks

Vic

yes, home plus power snaps a screen shot!

Man this thing is just gorgeous!! Better than I anticipated it being!

HX_Guy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First impressions...

The screen is amazing.
It's crazy fast when zooming in, changing Apps and other system stuff.
Easier to type on then I thought it would be...getting about 35 WPM through a typing test.
A little heavier then I expected.
A but more awkward to hold with with one hand than I thought it would be, my thumb kind of slides slowly and I have to readjust it ever so often
While laying down in bed, you have to bend your legs to prop the iPad on your thighs or use a pillow to lean against it.

AKNorth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My initial thoughts after about an hour of use:

1) A little heavier than I anticipated but feels nice and sturdy.
2) Putting a 3m screen protector was not easy with the large size of the screen.
3) The background photo with the time lapse stars made it initially appear as if I had diagonal scratches on my screen which for about half a sec freaked me out! :)

Ellie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
me too I emailed apple and told them I had scratches on my screen and than I changed the wall paper and it was gone.

JCat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My initial thoughts after about an hour of use:

1) A little heavier than I anticipated but feels nice and sturdy.
2) Putting a 3m screen protector was not easy with the large size of the screen.
3) The background photo with the time lapse stars made it initially appear as if I had diagonal scratches on my screen which for about half a sec freaked me out! :)

LOL - me three! After the sync was finished, I had a heart attack for a sec.... my friend's ipad was still first syncing and I was like ...'hurry sync, I need to see if this guy's ipad has the same marks". Sure enough it did, and then he suggested they they might be shooting stars. heh

rlee131

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine also does not charge when connected to the computer. Says "not charging " discovered that the user manual says it will "discharge"when connected to computer.
This Makes no sense itouch charges when connected

shadownmss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This thing is quite literally the slickest piece of tech that I have ever put my hands on. Should there actually be any competing products (namely HP Slate) they should stop their R&D now. Apple has got it right with the iPad!

rlee131

iPF Noob
Reaction score
me too I emailed apple and told them I had scratches on my screen and than I changed the wall paper and it was gone.
Yea I had same issue. Just discovered that the picture they have on the box is the same. You can see those same lines that look like scratches

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea I had same issue. Just discovered that the picture they have on the box is the same. You can see those same lines that look like scratches

Why not post a picture of what you are talking about for those of us waiting for 3G?

Most reactions

Latest posts