1st Impressions.......

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Finnedog, Apr 3, 2010.

1. JohnnyApple

JohnnyApple
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    How "smudge proof" is it? I tend to have greasy skin, sucks to say it, but it's true... my cell phone screens always get a bit greasy and smudy. Does the iPad do that for you?

2. iSoozin60

iSoozin60
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I think if the iPad is turned off and you only see the black screen you might notice fingerprints, but with it on I can't see any and I've been playing with it a lot. Typing this on the iPad!

3. Finnedog

Finnedog
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    You can see fingerprints on it when you are looking for them but if you are looking at content you don't notice them.

The orientation lock is a good idea, the accelerometer flips the screen very quickly.

4. fredhatfield

fredhatfield
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Mine charged fine from USB. Might be the older machines that have a problem.

BTW, I am trying to find the animated Periodic Table that I keep seeing on demos --
    tried to search for it on itunes but no luck. Anyone have the exact name?

5. kravdog

kravdog
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    It's called the elements... It is pricey at $15 :eek:

6. iVegas702

iVegas702
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Waited in line for less than 2 hours. Got it home and it is almost done syncing. Can't wait to play with it.

7. JCat

JCat
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Oh my GOD is this an insanely fantastic piece of hardware! Just tinkering around with the various apps, my jaw was dropping with every finger swipe. The screen is so amazing, it makes all hand held and portable devices look dated. Most of my older apps looked actually fantastic in 2X mode, while some of the text on certain apps were not as crisp; still though, I was impressed. Now, when you fire up an app made for ipad ...just WOW the resolution looks damn amazing. I'm also glad the speaker sounds pretty good!

This is so impressive that you can't help thinking how this absolutely can't fail - it's just too appealing and a joy to work with. The virtual keyboard is a breeze to use after the iphone..no comparison. Oh, and two player air hockey is a blast! lol
    I tell ya', this opens up a world of possibilities ..

8. 4phun

4phun
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Can you still take screen shots by using the same sequence you do on the iPhone? If so would someone post some pictures of how old iPhone apps look on the iPad in normal mode verses 2X mode. How do you switch modes for old apps?

Or email them to me a vic.nospam@gmail.com to get them off your iPad and I will post them for all to see.

Thanks

Vic

#18 4phun, Apr 3, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2010
  9. gentlefury

gentlefury
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:

yes, home plus power snaps a screen shot!

Man this thing is just gorgeous!! Better than I anticipated it being!

10. HX_Guy

HX_Guy
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    First impressions...

The screen is amazing.
    It's crazy fast when zooming in, changing Apps and other system stuff.
    Easier to type on then I thought it would be...getting about 35 WPM through a typing test.
    A little heavier then I expected.
    A but more awkward to hold with with one hand than I thought it would be, my thumb kind of slides slowly and I have to readjust it ever so often
    While laying down in bed, you have to bend your legs to prop the iPad on your thighs or use a pillow to lean against it.