What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Impressions.......

iVegas702

iPF Noob
Reaction score
as for the charging: If I plug the USB into a Hub it will not charge. If I plug it into the computer it charges just fine.

iVegas702

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The scratches are Star Trails in the background photo. A time laps photo done over a lake with a partial moon to light up the lake and the mountains. Nice Photo. What scared me is that mine would no rotate landscape to portrait mode. I did not know about the lock on the side that locks the orientation.

iAlberen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad Arrives Saturday, 1PM! at the doorstep via UPS

I opened the plain brown box and found a fully charged iPad and when I pressed the switch - iPad sprang to life immediately! The onscreen instructions indicated that I needed to plug the iPad into the iMac and register. That went smoothly and I went ahead with iTunes and installed my music, videos, podcasts, iPhone apps, iTunes U stuff, etc. BTW iTunes will keep your iPad sync & backup separate from your iPhone's :)etc.

The iPad's picture quality is excellent and the touchscreen responsive! Navigating through the Web is great fun and fast. But for shame, no Adobe Flash?? That needs to be corrected IMHO because a lot of sites use it!

Over the past few years, I've been happily spoiled by Apple's attention to ergonomic details. However my arthritic hands make holding the iPad for longer periods quite uncomfortable. For extended viewing, my iPad needs a stand. I did order the iPad Case but it won't arrive for 2 weeks. Stay tuned.

I had my doubts, but iPad's virtual KB is definitely serviceable for emails, note taking and the like and it is growing on me. It's amazing how clear and loud that tiny speaker performs! Very convenient for catching up on tv shows and the like. As expected the headphone sound quality is stunning.

Surprisingly, Stocks, Clock, Voice memo and Calculator apps are missing on the iPad! I use them daily. What's up Apple?

I really like iBooks! I bought JRR Tolkien's Silmarillion and tried it out. WAY AHEAD of Kindle in most areas. Even the free books look decent.
Also bought Pages and Numbers and I'm having fun getting up to speed.

Finally I have to salute Steve Jobs. Over the past 34 years Mr. Jobs and Apple have produced innovative and elegantly designed products. He is much more then a talented software engineer and entrepreneur. He is an artist and his vision has brought to life products like the iPhone, iPodTouch and the iMac - that for many of us were childhood dreams. :cool:

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On most usb ports, the iPad will not charge while running. Only newer ports can put out enough power for both demands.

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank you for the info there guys and i hope that i seen my in the monday morning and i be a happy camper ..after reading some of the post here i know what to do when encountering some of the programs in the start up phase . ..

have everything set up and ready to loaded into the pad when i comes in morning .so i will get my fix then

along with hopeing that some of the stuff i order will be here in the morning also .watching the tracking order on them also ..just finish up the work on the one programs and finaly got the bugs out of it and it working so it can be installed tues night at the work .plus i can get some sleep and get the head right again ..

once again thank you for the tips on the Ipad

Most reactions

Latest posts