What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Am I the only one who made an iPad mock up?

HX_Guy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:D

Ordered the 16GB-3G version on launch day and being very curious and a little bored, I decided to do a mock up based on the exact size of the iPad (height & width anyway, the thickness is probably off a bit)

Observations:

The screen is actually smaller then I expected. The bezel around the screen is quite big, but makes sense once you hold it because of where your thumb is. If the bezel was thinner, your thumb/fingers would be on the screen when holding it and Im sure would cause all sort of problems with multi-touch.

It feels very comfortable to use when laying down with your knees folded so you can rest it on your thighs...but with your legs straight, you have to hold it up and naturally have to use both hands. My laptop did allow me to just use one hand for the trackpad and have the other hand free for the TV remote or a drink, guess that will take some adjustment. Same with using it at a desk...seems like the stand is a must have or you can prop it between your stomach and the desk edge if you are slouching back.

ipadmock1.jpg

ipadmock2.jpg

ipadmock3.jpg

JLStrange

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I made one up from the template on this site a month or so ago. I had to scale it correctly and printed it out on glossy photo paper, both front and back. Aside from getting a little Elmers glue on it, it's very neat. You are right about needing a stand for it. We've got Morris chairs with wide arms for watching TV and I leave my iPhone on its charging dock so I can surf or send emails with one hand while watching TV, eating dinner and texting my wife in the adjacent chair. It's a full life :p

gregg37

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea, you need help. :p

As for the part about legs straight, I think one of those rubbery cases would be good to give it a little grip on your legs/jeans so it doesnt slide around. as for propping it up you can use a pillow or whatnot.

Most reactions

Latest posts