What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Impressions.......

Finnedog

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Smaller and thinner and less dense than I was expecting.

Screen is glossy and shiny

and this sync is taking way to long

iSoozin60

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is the best birthday present I ever got, I think!! It is a lot of fun to play with - absolutely love Magic Piano!! Can't wait to have more time to play with it uninterrupted by husband and dogs!!!

Only played with it outside so far and it's not the easiest thing to see with all the glare and reflection. So now I'm going to play with it inside while I watch NASCAR on tv.

Xblitz44x

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Am I the only one who can't charge via USB, or is this intentional? Otherwise I have no complaints. The device has surpassed my expectations.

OP
F

Finnedog

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mine is at 96% on usb while I am doing a long sync lots of photos, seems to be working just fine.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Am I the only one who can't charge via USB, or is this intentional? Otherwise I have no complaints. The device has surpassed my expectations.

Much the same as a lot of hard drives older computers won't be able to charge thru one usb port. New Macs and new PCs should be fine. If you can't charge and sync you need to get a 2 usb split cable so it gets more juice. Then it should work fine.

gjperera

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.gilsmethod.com
All I have to say is that it is absolutely amazing...still trying to organize the apps that are native to the iPad and those that are for the iPhone...

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
How "smudge proof" is it? I tend to have greasy skin, sucks to say it, but it's true... my cell phone screens always get a bit greasy and smudy. Does the iPad do that for you?

iSoozin60

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think if the iPad is turned off and you only see the black screen you might notice fingerprints, but with it on I can't see any and I've been playing with it a lot. Typing this on the iPad!

OP
F

Finnedog

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can see fingerprints on it when you are looking for them but if you are looking at content you don't notice them.

The orientation lock is a good idea, the accelerometer flips the screen very quickly.

fredhatfield

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine charged fine from USB. Might be the older machines that have a problem.

BTW, I am trying to find the animated Periodic Table that I keep seeing on demos --
tried to search for it on itunes but no luck. Anyone have the exact name?

kravdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine charged fine from USB. Might be the older machines that have a problem.

BTW, I am trying to find the animated Periodic Table that I keep seeing on demos --
tried to search for it on itunes but no luck. Anyone have the exact name?

It's called the elements... It is pricey at $15 :eek:

Most reactions

Latest posts