What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ZaggMate A New Aluminium Case

tigerkraw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Zagg has just unveiled its new Aluminium Case.

It comes in two options, Case with a Bluetooth Keyboard $99.99US
the other Aluminium Case only, no KeyBoard $69.99US

Design-wise it looks very good, and I'm impressed on how its put together.

Two links Below, the first is a Youtube video showing off the case.

Second link is link to the Zagg website, with more info on the product.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy8icIuVJbI[/ame]

ZAGG | ZAGGmate | You'll wonder how you ever used your Apple iPad without it.

enjoy :)

Last edited:

newfmp3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
very cool. I'm surprised at the other offerings from competitors that do not have a cover. It's simple and common sense really. A case needs a cover. No thin piece of plastic is going to protect the screen from a fall or object hitting it.....the screen being the single most important thing to protect in the first place. The otterbox offereings are a joke. The Screen is what I want to protect, not the back

sch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The otterbox offereings are a joke. The Screen is what I want to protect, not the back

I have the Otterbox Defender for my iPhone 4 and when it's in the snap-on holster, the screen is well protected. Presumably when it's out of the holster you want to be able to access the screen. :)

Cheers,

newfmp3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The otterbox offereings are a joke. The Screen is what I want to protect, not the back

I have the Otterbox Defender for my iPhone 4 and when it's in the snap-on holster, the screen is well protected. Presumably when it's out of the holster you want to be able to access the screen. :)

Cheers,

well, we are talkng iPads, kidding. But the last time I seen the defender it didn't have a cover, or at least I could have sworn it didn't. Now I look at it and it does. My bad, looks like I was wrong. The Commuter still doesn't have it though, and at near the same price as this Zagg....I'd rather have the Zagg

That being said, I need a mounting system, and Modulr got my money...too much of it, but they got it. As for looks, both the zagging and otter box look better then the modulr, but like I said, I needed mounting options.

Last edited:

newfmp3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
its certainly one of the nicer ones to date. Interested in seeing these in the wild. But once again, with the KB option, you are just carrying around a laptop wanna be. So why not take a laptop? It seems people want their iPad to be a laptop.

OP
tigerkraw

tigerkraw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
its certainly one of the nicer ones to date. Interested in seeing these in the wild. But once again, with the KB option, you are just carrying around a laptop wanna be. So why not take a laptop? It seems people want their iPad to be a laptop.

It just gives you the option, to use the Blue-tooth keyboard if you want to Touch Type, much easier for long typing sessions.

Or you can just take it out of the case and just use the Ipad as it meant to be.

Best of both worlds in one neat package.

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I preordered one of these today, doubt it will be here before christmas but i'll take pics and review as soon as I get it.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I am typing this reply on my new ZAGGmate! Pretty handy little keyboard - and it makes a great case/screen cover. I am getting used to the keyboard (it's a little smaller than a netbook...but not much). It's got a good feel to it and it looks/acts like a real keyboard (the keys are separate and real, not rubbery one-piece nubs...nor chiclet style).

Hardest thing I'm finding right now is getting used to the spacebar. Oh, and I keep hitting the N when I want to type the B. But, I am w-a-y impressed with it - in the short 30 minutes I've had with it. I'll post more tomorrow, after it's had a chance to fully charge and I can get some pictures.

I got it at Best Buy. They had a hard time finding it - but I persevered until they found it (their website said it was available). I am very pleased.

Oh, and I have arrow keys! And number keys! And several hot buttons to control the home button, volume, etc.

More tomorrow. I need practice...

Marilyn

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need more protection.... But if you took it to meetings or lectures to take notes...wow! Seems like one of the best options out there if you like the feel of a real keyboard!!

Most reactions

Latest posts