What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ZaggFolio for iPad 3

Patrizia_NC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also love that this discount is not automatic but you have to call in for it. I took a screen shot of my order in case the date changes mysteriously. I also go them to expedite my shipping free

Todd M

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also love that this discount is not automatic but you have to call in for it. I took a screen shot of my order in case the date changes mysteriously. I also go them to expedite my shipping free

Yeah, seems weird to me to about all of this. Not sure of the cloak and dagger stuff. I, too, have taken screenshots in case the date mysteriously changes to give them any deniability, since that seems possible given they way they have been acting so far. If they are having issues, they need to change their page to reflect it, not just the 'Contact Us' page. Kind of deceiving...

Last edited:

Patrizia_NC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have used them for years and have never seen this type of thing. If this is some kind of new policy it's a bad one.

Todd M

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Agreed. Not sure what changed but something has.

PaulCarleton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wonder if my modification to the padding behind the felt had anything to do with their redesign?

Typical electronics manufacturing company deny, deny, deny and in the meantime run around like crazy behind the scenes to try to fix it. Number one response on the customer service reps checklist. "Gee, we've never heard of that one before. We'll be sure to pass that one along."

PaulCarleton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I got the new iPad on the very first day. Made the modification and talked about it on all of the ZAGG blogs. They would not have started working on a solution until they started getting reports of the problem. And then at least a couple weeks into it, to verify and put a solution in place, such as modifying the foam behind the felt, as I suggested. Mitsubishi and Sony are two companies that are well aware of the modifications I've made to their products in the past and implemented those mods in their products. ZAGG employees read this website as well as others.

Last edited:

Zevo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can confirm that the replacement folio now fits the New iPad, yet I still get some deep impressions from the rubber protecting strips on the keyboard. I do have a Zagg skin on the from and back which may be causing the excessive pressure on the screen. I am not really happy with this design. Key is nice.

Todd M

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can confirm that the replacement folio now fits the New iPad, yet I still get some deep impressions from the rubber protecting strips on the keyboard. I do have a Zagg skin on the from and back which may be causing the excessive pressure on the screen. I am not really happy with this design. Key is nice.

You would think that the front and back shields would have nothing to do with the fit. Can you take pics so we can see what the pads are doing to the front Invisible Shield? If its doing great damage then I might have to get a refund (whenever I actually get it). I thought this was part of the fix that they were doing. Doesn't make sense that their design would damage their other installed product.

Last edited:

paulvalerio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I uploaded an updated review of the Zaggfolio here

Also I will upload pics of the screen protector damage.

Last edited by a moderator:

GSper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been following this thread while awaiting the arrival of my ZAGGfolio for my iPad 3 (which I ordered on 3/18) not knowing what the heck to expect when it arrived. Well, it arrived today. The invoice says under Description of Goods: "ZAGGfolio Apple iPad 3 Carbon with Black Keyboard". The UPC number is843404084111. The box says "For iPad 2". No stickers saying for New iPad, etc. There is no "raised 2" stamped anywhere on the case that I can find. The fit is snug but I would not say tight. I do not use a screen protector but if I did I believe it would be too snug and likely damage the protector. It is not difficult to slide the iPad back out but, again, it is snug. The magnets are oriented correctly for the auto off/on function. I honestly don't know if I have received the correct product or not but it seems to work to my satisfaction so I plan to keep it. I do not wish to go through the hassle of calling customer support and discussing it. Bottom line is it works for me. All I can say in general is that this whole issue seems quite bizarre and seems to have been handled by ZAGG in a very confusing and user unfriendly fashion (this is my impression from reading this thread).

GSper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I neglected to mention in the above post that my Z'folio arrived in one box with the keyboard already inserted in the case. I don't know if this means anything but it seems like the keyboard and case had been arriving in separate packaging as earlier reported in this thread. Maybe this is evidence that mine is in fact the 'folio for the iPad 3. I can also say that I am quite pleased with the product quality, workmanship, etc.

PaulCarleton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It just means you ordered one of the most common combinations that they package for retailers.

Todd M

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I finally got some communication. Not too happy about what it said, though. After ordering on 3/23, the first shipping date was 3/30, then 4/6. Now this...

------
Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your recent order of the ZAGGfolio for your Apple iPad. By way of an order status update, we regret to inform you that your order is taking longer to process than originally expected due to the high demand for this product. We anticipate that your order will now ship between April 27th and April 30th. We will send you another email once your order has shipped and left our facility.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you, and thank you for your patience. We promise it will be worth the wait!

Regards,

The ZAGG Team
----

Did anyone else get this? 2 1/2 more weeks of waiting, and the funny part is that it ships now between a Friday and a Monday, when they are closed. A little salt to the wound there...

Getting close to cancelling the order and finding something else similar. Too bad there isn't much out there that compares. I suppose I can stroll to my local BB and pick up a carbon fiber one that are currently overflowing in their stores. Paid a little extra for the leather one, so I guess that extra $30 costs me 5 weeks of waiting...

Last edited:

Zevo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You would think that the front and back shields would have nothing to do with the fit. Can you take pics so we can see what the pads are doing to the front Invisible Shield? If its doing great damage then I might have to get a refund (whenever I actually get it). I thought this was part of the fix that they were doing. Doesn't make sense that their design would damage their other installed product.

I'll try to get pics later but I can definately say that the two seperate keyboard bumpers are the first to make the contact prints on the screen which makes sense because they are closest to the hinge. This would be ok because the indentations in the skin are on the border of the iPad frame. The biggest problem is the long rubber bumper that is closer to the middle of the keyboard. This actually makes considerable contact and impressions into the actual iPad viewing and touching are. With this is added pressure to the screen, I am not willing to accept this folio for a permanent storage solution.
After dealing with ZAGG, this replacement has been tested by corporate and is considered in specs. I will try to cut my losses and time by selling it or just using it for the stand it's been built for. I do believe this whole design has many flaws in it and a newer version is much needed. Targus, for example have some interesting designs in some of their current and soon to be released models. I feel bad because I really wanted this case to work. I never had a iPad 2 so I can't confirm that with both the front and back protectectors, the Folio never made impressions or did.
In the end most of the impressions have been smoothed out but once again I am not going to risk the possiblity of screen damage due to the additional pressure being applied to the iPad. I might take off the bumpers, and padding beneath the keyboard but that may be later on. Oh well, I will keep looking for a better solution.

Last edited:

Most reactions