What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ZaggFolio for iPad 3

tigersland

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The representative told me to keep the one I have until the new one arrives (the new one doesn't ship until April 23rd!!!) she said when I receive the new one it will have a shipping label with it for me to send this broken one back. I assume as Paul Carleton stated, if you do not send it back within a reasonable time, they will charge you for it. BTW how do you like the Green colored one? I got the starhive blue and was expecting it to be lighter, I was thinking about changing my color but I am not sure yet. Be prepared for your replacement to take a while to ship out as well :(

My green case is bright, I guess I will never misplace it since it's so easy to spot :) This one actually came with dirty finger prints, as if someone returned it and Zagg repackaged it and sold it to me.

Since I can keep using this one until the new one arrives, it's a little easier to deal with the late April ship date.

Thanks for your response, and Paul's response!

thespinner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I received a reply from Zagg about what "Ships Mar. 30th" means. It actually means that my Zaggfolio hasn't shipped.

Latest estimate is that it will ship 6th to 8th April. Their email did mention a late ship discount, but no details were provided. You contact Zagg after your order has shipped, if it ships later than the original shipping estimate when you placed the order.

As I'm in the UK I'm looking at up to 3 weeks before the case arrives, so I'm going to pick up a second hand iPad 2 Zaggfolio, modify it as per Paul's instructions (thanks for the pics), and then re-sell it on eBay when the new one arrives.

takiv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WOW ! I can't believe the BS from Zagg. I thought this was a reputable company. Everytime I call new excuses, no emails saying my order is delayed. The other day the girl splits my scren protector from my order and my folia goes from maybe shipping 4/9 to 4-25 WTF ? !!!!!!!! and the screen protector still hasn't left the warehouse 3 days later. At this point is it worth the wait ??????? Time to start researching other options.

Todd M

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same issues here with delayed shipping. I have never received an email stating that it was delayed, and my order got moved from 3/30 to 4/6. It was supposed to ship yesterday, but it still shows 'Your order should ship on 4/6' and it still shows 'In Process'. Still no email, and still no Folio cover after 3 weeks of waiting for the order to be fulfilled. You can't cancel the web order online (not sure if you can by calling Customer Service). You can buy the Carbon Fiber with black keyboards in Best Buy, but you can't get them shipped to you from Zagg? Never again. I will buy the Invisible Shield, but not these cases through them again. Very frustrating. I know they're popular cases, but for them to not even bother to email you with shipping delays twice now is ridiculous.

Todd M

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Latest estimate is that it will ship 6th to 8th April.

Good luck with that. Mine has had two different dates now, still nothing. I am crafting up a letter now to the corporate offices.

thespinner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As mentioned in my earlier post I got a second hand Zaggfolio for iPad 2. Would you believe it, my new iPad fits perfectly and the magnets are correctly orientated!

And now I see my order (delayed from 30/03) shipped on 06/04. As I'm in the UK it will take a week or two to arrive so I will get some use out of the temporary folio, before I put it on eBay - at least I can say it is suitable for both iPad 2 and the new iPad.

My first impressions are great piece of kit, I can see myself using this every day on the commute - can't wait to get my black leather one.

Patrizia_NC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's a fun fact. I spoke to a supervisor in Friday. He explained the delay regarding the cases however he told me Zagg has a guarantee. My delivery date was march 30 everyday after that it's a five percent discount. Up to ten days .. Which means the way we are going its 50% off. Maximum. They DO NOT tell you this.. Once it's shipped you have to call them for the discount .. So at that price I'm willing to suck it up a few more days

thespinner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's a fun fact. I spoke to a supervisor in Friday. He explained the delay regarding the cases however he told me Zagg has a guarantee. My delivery date was march 30 everyday after that it's a five percent discount. Up to ten days .. Which means the way we are going its 50% off. Maximum. They DO NOT tell you this.. Once it's shipped you have to call them for the discount .. So at that price I'm willing to suck it up a few more days

From the emails I've received from Zagg over the past few days, it's 5% per business day. I'm awaiting my discount/refund to be applied - expecting 20%, so will let you know if that's the amount I get.

Todd M

iPF Noob
Reaction score
He explained the delay regarding the cases [...]

The discount is nice to know about and I will be pressuring them once mine actually ships, but I have to know: What is their explanation for the delays? Did you ask or did he mention why they don't notify the customer of these delays? I have received zero communication from them after the initial purchase email. All communication has been initiated by me.

Todd M

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I did Paul and thanks for checking. That's the first thing I thought of, but I get emails from them all of the time for products. Unfortunately I haven't for this.

Patrizia_NC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is 5% per day so ten days is 50%. I called them and the issue is they assumed the Ipad 2 case would fit since most accessories did but the thickness was an issue and complaints of tight fits and protectors being ruined made then realize it had to be revamped. There is your delay and no they didn't bother to say a word. Tomorrow I'm at day seven with my delay .. No end it appears I. Sight. He said they had only a few colors ready

Todd M

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is 5% per day so ten days is 50%. I called them and the issue is they assumed the Ipad 2 case would fit since most accessories did but the thickness was an issue and complaints of tight fits and protectors being ruined made then realize it had to be revamped. There is your delay and no they didn't bother to say a word. Tomorrow I'm at day seven with my delay .. No end it appears I. Sight. He said they had only a few colors ready

Thanks for the info. That's more than what Zagg has given me in any responses. I got the black leather with the black keyboard so God knows when that will ship. Supposed to ship of Friday but still nothing. Best of luck to you.

Mscosmo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow. I bought the leather folio with the black keyboard on 3/18 for the iPad 3. I received the shipping email today. Yes, it has shipped late. I will follow up to get the discount. Will let you know when it arrives!

Sent from my New iPad using iPF

Last edited:

Patrizia_NC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Todd. I had to go through three people, 40 minutes and a senior exec to weed out that info. After rep #2 gave me the same scripted response i wasn't having it. I don't get why they don't just let us know about the delay and asked that very question. He agreed with me but the powers above him make that choice.

Most reactions