What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ZaggFolio for iPad 3

PaulCarleton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
zagg2 said:
The little number 2 is for the version of the folio to show the modifications from the original version.

People are reporting a very very tight fit even with this version stamp with the "2". So much so they are worried about dammage to the New iPad on installation and removal. I had to modify my iPad 2 ZAGGfolio to fit my "New iPad". While it did fit and it was tight, it was too tight and I had to remove all but a 1.5 x 1.5 inch piece of foam padding I left in the center, that was under the felt backing. The "New iPad" now fits and is easily installed and removed with just a bit of resistance. Since I had a iPad 2 in there previously the pad had compressed a bit.

By the way thanks for the clarification because people have been thinking the "2"means that it's for the iPad 2. Nice to know it is a "Version Number".

Last edited:

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
We ran into a different issue and are currently requesting RMAs on our 2 units as after less than a day with the new case that has a iPad 3 sticker on it, my wife's Zagg Invisible Shield is damaged on the bottom away from all the rails but where the little rubber bumper comes in contact with it. After seeing this I'm not even going to attempt a replacement unit with mine as I got the HD version of the Zagg shield yesterday installed from Best Buy and that was $53 with tax and all.

skallal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have the folio with a 2 stamped on the inside. I wouldn't even call mine snug. If I don't prop the iPad in the keyboard slot, it starts to slide out of the folio from gravity. I must have a Zagg folio that's built correctly.

To those who have defective folios, I can only say, when you have the correct version, it really rocks...

PaulCarleton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Congratulations you're the first one to report that the new iPad ZAGGfolio actually works.

That's why when I modified mine, I kept little bit of Foam Padding in place so it wouldn't slide out

Last edited:

paulvalerio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just received mine, surprise surprise sleep function doesn't work. Just got off the phone with Zagg, sending me out a new one. Only deal is it won't be here for a month! Really disappointed in this company! The rep told me they were being redesigned, why ship me out one that you know isn't fully functional yet?!?! Will post video later, it works great on my iPad2!!! Snug fit on my 3rd gen is very accurate, ugh disgusted!

tigersland

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just received mine, surprise surprise sleep function doesn't work. Just got off the phone with Zagg, sending me out a new one. Only deal is it won't be here for a month! Really disappointed in this company! The rep told me they were being redesigned, why ship me out one that you know isn't fully functional yet?!?! Will post video later, it works great on my iPad2!!! Snug fit on my 3rd gen is very accurate, ugh disgusted!

my green one for "ipad3" came today, the sleep function doesn't work either. I'll call tomorrow. just curious, did Zagg ask you to send back the case before they send you a replacement? thx

PaulCarleton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They will usually take your credit card info and send you a replacement first. If you don't send the original one back within a certain period of time, they charge you for the replacement.

I was supposed to get a replacement for my keyboard because one of the keys keeps falling off. Last I look they still have not sent mine out and that was two weeks ago. I will call them tomorrow to find out where it is.

paulvalerio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tigersland said:
my green one for "ipad3" came today, the sleep function doesn't work either. I'll call tomorrow. just curious, did Zagg ask you to send back the case before they send you a replacement? thx

The representative told me to keep the one I have until the new one arrives (the new one doesn't ship until April 23rd!!!) she said when I receive the new one it will have a shipping label with it for me to send this broken one back. I assume as Paul Carleton stated, if you do not send it back within a reasonable time, they will charge you for it. BTW how do you like the Green colored one? I got the starhive blue and was expecting it to be lighter, I was thinking about changing my color but I am not sure yet. Be prepared for your replacement to take a while to ship out as well :(

paulvalerio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Uploaded a video to youtube if anyone is interested, I will be doing a follow up review as well! Thanks guys!

Last edited by a moderator:

netsecpro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered an Orange Zagg Folio and white keyboard on March 16th. It finally shipped on the 30th and I received it April 2nd. Pretty fast shipping from Utah to VA. Anyway, once I got it, I was not impressed. I have a Blue Folio and white keyboard, and I was expecting the texture of the Orange to be the same as the Blue. I think the Orange feels cheap, and it kinda reminds me of a circus peanut texture. I called Zagg and they told me that the Blue was the only one that has the textured cover. I am returning it and getting a Carbon Fiber with white keyboard. I would have gotten another Blue one, but that one is for my personal ipad2, and the Carbon Fiber will be for my work ipad3. The downside, it doesnt ship unitl April 23rd. :(

On a good note though, the magnets worked properly, and it was easy to remove the ipad from the folio if needed.

PaulCarleton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here are some photos of my tweak to partially remove the Foam Pad on the ZAGGfolio version "1" for the iPad 2.

image-2226057746.jpg

Above is a picture of the felt lining on the iPad side that I "Gently" pulled up to reveal the foam pad. I removed two inches or so on either side and left a 1.5 x 1.5 inch strip in the center.

image-2696232111.jpg

This is a picture of the felt lining reapplied. The adhesive is very sticky and it laid right back.

The New iPad now slips in and out with no problems. The remaining pad has just enough resistance, to hold the iPad in place so it doesn't slide out by accident.

thespinner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
These delays are becoming ridiculous.

I second that! Ordered a black leather with silver/black keyboard on 11th March. Currently my order says "Ships Mar. 30th" (and in order detail - "Your order should ship Mar. 30th"). Order status is "In process".

I've emailed Zagg to ask what "should ship Mar. 30th" means - has my order shipped?

I'm in the UK so even when it does ship I'm expected a week or two more before I receive my Zaggfolio :(

Zevo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
zagg2 can you tell us what is different physically with the case to make it compatible? People are reporting a very tight fit with even the cases that are labeled for the New iPad. From all observations, there appears to be no difference other than the sticker on the box.

New member Zevo here. Ordered from Zagg on 3/9, receivedon 3/28. It had the 2 so according to Zagg this is the correct Gen 3 version. Then I found a defect in the case and I just about had it with them. Email after email and here is my response quoted:

"One way to confirm that you have indeed received the correct product is if you remove the iPad from the case, in the corner (near where the hole for the camera is) you will see a raised "2" indicating it is the 2nd generation ZAGGfolio for the iPad 3.
The only difference in the new iPad is that it is slightly thinker than the iPad 2. To accommodate this, we have the section that the New iPad fits in a bit thinner for an ideal fit. "

Most reactions

Latest posts