What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ZaggFolio for iPad 3

paulvalerio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PaulCarleton said:
Why is your screen protector taking a beating? You will have to reverse the magnets in the ZAGG to get the unlock to work.

Sounds like you got a 2 version.

Paul does every case have to have the magnets reversed or is it just the luck of the draw?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

PaulCarleton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
paulvalerio said:
Paul does every case have to have the magnets reversed or is it just the luck of the draw?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

It's should be the luck of the draw. If they were placing them without regard to Polarity and at random, then statistically it should be a 50/50 chance you have one that will work. My case, it didn't and I had to pull the panel off that covers the compartment that had the magnet and then flip it. It worked after that.

bbmountain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine doesn't work either. I pulled back some of the felt but didn't see anything that looked like a magnet or a compartment for that matter. I was uneasy pulling more of the felt off so quit while I was ahead!

PaulCarleton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's because the magnet is not under the felt. I'll try to post a picture later.

Last edited:

PaulCarleton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
image-3912102335.jpg

The compartment that has the magnet is behind the front edge on the keyboard side.

image-2725694741.jpg

Gently pry from each side the panel, which is secured by heat glue. Be careful not to damage it. use a hooked tool, there is space on either side to hook around the end of the panel.

image-1177989137.jpg

You may need to use another magnet to get the magnets out.

image-3434227639.jpg

There are two magnets in my example that are stuck together.

image-2619250564.jpg

Magnets are separated. You will have to experiment a bit by playing with the right combinations of putting the two back together. It is trial and error. Place the magnet on the switch area of the iPad. It will shut off when you found the right combination. Then make sure it is face up
when you put back in the ZAGG. Then reassemble.

Last edited:

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Why is your screen protector taking a beating? You will have to reverse the magnets in the ZAGG to get the unlock to work.

Sounds like you got a 2 version.

Sliding my ipad in is causing my screen protector to pop up. I use a screen protector that goes pretty close to the edge of the screen and the lip of the folio case is causing it to pop up.

I'm not going to mess with the magnets as my box doesn't even have the ipad 3 sticker on it so I'm emailing with these issues and expecting a replacement!

bbmountain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having the same problem with my screen protector...the edge of the IPad that slips into the groove of the keyboard is the problem for me. The screen protector gets lifted away from the iPad and even got creased in a corner!

Thanks for the photos and instructions on the magnets! Not sure I'm brave enough to start pulling the case apart. You mentioned that a part that needs to be undone is hot glued...does that mean it needs to be re-glued to put it back together?

PaulCarleton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bbmountain said:
I'm having the same problem with my screen protector...the edge of the IPad that slips into the groove of the keyboard is the problem for me. The screen protector gets lifted away from the iPad and even got creased in a corner!

Thanks for the photos and instructions on the magnets! Not sure I'm brave enough to start pulling the case apart. You mentioned that a part that needs to be undone is hot glued...does that mean it needs to be re-glued to put it back together?

I hope it was a zagg protector because they'll replace it. Next time get the HD case friendly version.

I didn't really have to hot glue it, it wedged back in there fairly tight although glueing it in a couple spots probably would be smart.

ziggs

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Same problem here with the ZAGG screen protector on my iPad2 crushing and wrinkling due to contact with the groove bar above the folio keyboard (as well as impressions of the little U-shaped pads that press on the IS when the folio is closed). I contacted ZAGG and the protector can't be lifted and re-attached on that edge, but I could get a free replacement. Only problem is I would probably have to pay Best Buy to install the replacement, and I'm sure the issue would continue with a new shield. Anyone know a fix for this, or are there other forum posts about this problem? Thanks.

PaulCarleton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you bought it from Best Buy, take it to Best Buy and get it fixed by them. They will turn around and charge ZAGG under their warranty service agreement.

Also on the replacement, get the "case friendly" version. It allows for cases to fit.

Last edited:

paulvalerio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know if I have to sign for delivery of my Zaggfolio? Its scheduled to arrive tmmrw via UPS.

zagg2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The best way to tell if your ZAGGfolio was designed for the new iPad is to check the UPC bar code on the packaging (843404082810-for the black folio with silver keys). Many of these new parts were en route to stores before the official launch of the new iPad and as the name hadn't been released it would have been impossible to label them with the correct moniker. Since the launch all new folios have been labeled as working with both the new iPad (or 3rd Gen.) and the iPad 2. The issue with the magnet has been identified and should yours not operate properly, simply contact ZAGG for a warranty replacement.

PaulCarleton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
zagg2 can you tell us what is different physically with the case to make it compatible? People are reporting a very tight fit with even the cases that are labeled for the New iPad. From all observations, there appears to be no difference other than the sticker on the box.

zagg2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The primary change made was to increase the available space on the inside of the folio to accommodate the thicker new iPad. This difference is approximately 0.5mm which is the approximate difference in thickness between the iPad 2 and the new iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts