What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ZaggFolio for iPad 3

Synaptic13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I do that procedure to remove the padding, should I leave any amount just make sure the tablet doesn't slip out?

No it will still be a tight fit:)

B3Am3d FrOm A tH3oRiZ3d iC3d OuT AoKp Gn3xLt3

PaulCarleton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Synaptic13 said:
No it will still be a tight fit:)

No that's not true I left about a 1.5 x 1.5 inch strip in the center and it works just fine.

It gives it just a little something to grip onto and there is No stress on the outside edges as it was before. Worst case scenario is if it doesn't work for you, remove all the rest of it.

Last edited:

sfc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I suppose I will leave a little in there, and if it's still tight, it all goes.

PaulCarleton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sfc said:
Well, I suppose I will leave a little in there, and if it's still tight, it all goes.

The foam will also compress to fit over time as well, keep that in mind.

Nokstar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
just to show how good the keyboard is on the zaggfolio...i did a typing test using it. My regular wpm on a tradition keyboard is between 80-85 ...check out what i got on my second speed test in the video

Last edited by a moderator:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wow....good speed. I don't think I could go nearly as fast. What apps is that? I think I will try a zagg....

sfc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I did the modification to the Zaggfolio for the iPad 2, (iPad 3 according to Best Buy), and it worked out great. I left a small square of padding in the middle - just in case the compression from the iPad thins it after a while. It's just tight enough to need a small tug to get it out.

Now, I have a blue Zaggfolio coming tomorrow, which Zagg says is made for the iPad 3. I suppose I can send it back or sell it, because the carbon fiber one I have now is good to go.

Thanks for the tip!

PaulCarleton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Let us know on the Blue one if they removed the pad or if it is just as tight as the 2.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can someone tell me the actual weight of the iPad 3 and the ZaggFolio keyboard case? I would be considering the carbon fiber version.

PaulCarleton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Atl7187 said:
I hope this helps. I did a video comparison between the Zaggfolio case for the new iPad and iPad 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-mjXInMnUE

Yeah you were sent the ZAGGfolio 2 in both cases. The reason why the magnet works in one and not the other is that they didn't worry about the polarization on the previous iPads so you basically have a 50-50 chance that the case will work or not because the new iPad requires a polarized magnet in the right direction. If you randomly put the magnets in, as they were doing, you have a 50-50 chance that the magnet polarization will work and shut it off.

paulvalerio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PaulCarleton said:
Yeah you were sent the ZAGGfolio 2 in both cases. The reason why the magnet works in one and not the other is that they didn't worry about the polarization on the previous iPads so you basically have a 50-50 chance that the case will work or not because the new iPad requires a polarized magnet in the right direction. If you randomly put the magnets in, as they were doing, you have a 50-50 chance that the magnet polarization will work and shut it off.

I think people wouldn't be so upset if Zagg just marketed the case as the same case, no changes but compatible with the new iPad. It seems like they are saying the case has undergone minor adjustments to fit the new iPad, when clearly it hasn't. The point is that for $100 I could have upgraded my iPad memory capacity to double what I have now, but I decided to get a Zaggfolio case instead, I shouldn't have to adjust my case's magnet polarity and underlying cushion to fit my new iPad.

paulvalerio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My case ships on Friday, I just hope Zagg has resolved all issues by the time mine ships! Waiting since the 9th of March has been hard enough, if I have to return it due to known issues I will be highly upset!

Most reactions

Latest posts