What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ZaggFolio for iPad 3

karkalec

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update:

Hello Justin,

Thank you for your email and thank you for informing us of the problems that you are experiencing. Our CEO, Robert G Pedersen II, has read your email and has asked me to respond in his behalf. I apologize for any confusion or frustration that your order # IC5470117 for the ZAGGfolio Carbon with Silver w/ Black Keyboard (The new Apple iPad) has caused, and I can completely understand.

We have been working hard to get the packaging updated for all of our products for the New iPad. We are expecting to have the packaging for the ZAGGfolio for the New iPad within the next week, I can assure you that even though you received your ZAGGfolio in the iPad 2 packaging, it is in fact for the New iPad.

I can understand your frustration with the ZAGGfolio for the iPad 2 and the New iPad both having the same dimensions, I would be happy to clarify this for you. As you know the New iPad is 0.03" thicker than the previous iPad 2, to compensate for the change we have created the inside of the folio that houses the New iPad thinner. With this in mind, I can assure you that you have received an updated ZAGGfolio that was specifically created for the New iPad and not a re-marketed ZAGGfolio for the iPad 2.

I hope this helps and again I am sincerely sorry for any frustration that this has caused you. If you need additional assistance, or have any more questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me directly.

All the best,
--

DESIRAY BUTTARS
Office of the CEO

zagglogo-rb.jpg

karkalec

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And my response:

Good Afternoon Desiray,

Thank you for your prompt response on behalf of Mr. Pedersen. I understand what you are saying about the inside of the folio being thinner, and that would explain why the specifications listed on your website are the same--since they don't reflect changes to the inside of the folio. It was an open secret that the new Ipad was going to be unveiled on March 7--all the world was waiting to see was exactly how it would be different from the Ipad 2. It's still a little curious to me that Zagg could redesign the inside of the folio and have it ready to ship on March 12 but not have boxes ready, but I will take you at your word.

I do have another question for you regarding Bluetooth. I noticed that the New Ipad folio I received from you is Bluetooth 3.0 (as was the Ipad 2 Zaggfolio) despite the fact that the New Ipad supports Bluetooth 4.0. Can you tell me why Zagg chose to not update to Bluetooth 4.0 when these new Ipad folios were designed?

Thank you once again for your time.

Sincerely,

PaulCarleton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In case anyone is interested. I just swapped my iPad 2 out for the "New iPad 3". It fits my previous ZaggFolio Case and Keyboard. It is about as snug as it was when I first put the iPad 2 into it. Once the felt backing flattened out it was easier to remove and put back. I expect that the same will hold true for the "New iPad" as the felt flattens out even more.

Just thought people could use this info and that it is not necessary to buy a "new" case for the iPad 3, if you have an ipad 2 case.

I will also add that if I had not had a iPad 2 in the case previously and this was brand new out of the box and I tried to fit a "New iPad 3" into it, it would have been a very tight fit.

Last edited:

PaulCarleton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also, when I went to get my old iPad this morning to trade it in, one of the keys was missing. I called Zagg just now and they are sending a replacement keyboard, no hassle about it and it is under warranty.

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have one and Love it!!

Yes but to clarify you are talking about one for your iPad 2 and this discussion is about how it is going to work with the new iPad. So when you make your post it could be misleading to people as they read it and think, "well here is someone who has it and loves it so it must work great for the new iPad!"

richgalen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I got my "3" today. Slipped it into the ZAGG Folio I had for my "2" fit was fine, closed well, don't need to spend another $30 on a new folio (sans keyboard).

PaulCarleton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another additional note. I understand why they haven't changed the hard case of the Folio. There's a foam pad underneath the felt which I think they probably just either removed or made thinner on the iPad 3. Which would allow for the extra thickness on the iPad 3.

Patrizia_NC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They have not changed it.. I was at Best Buy today and they had the black ones and they look exactly the same.. but these were were the Ipad 3

deadmauS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My new iPad is compatible with the iPad 2 ZaggFolio

Hello all.

First post on this forum; stumbled upon it when I was researching the same issue. I traded up to the new iPad and was planning on having to replace my iPad 2 ZaggFolio as well, but I tried it out with the newest iPad and it worked just fine. The fit was snug, but I definitely did not get the feeling like I was having to "force" it into place, otherwise I would have stopped at the risk of damaging my iPad and/or ZaggFolio. It closes securely just as it did before with the iPad 2 and looks virtually identical when in use.

My suggestion: keep the iPad 2 ZaggFolio if you already own one and save your money. I ordered the new model for the iPad 3 before testing my old one out, but now that I know it works, I am returning it so I can put half of a tank of gas in my car instead :D

Hope this helps.

PaulCarleton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I have found and Issue with the iPad 2 case with an iPad3 The magnets don't work in the case. Apple changed the magnet configuration and made them polarity sensitive. Closing the case does not turn the display off.

PaulCarleton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update, I went in and CAREFULLY pried off the slim panel covering the compartment that housed the magnet on the ZaggFolio 2. Changed the Polity and now it works. They have two magnetized pieces of metal that are stuck together. I reversed them around and changed the polarity and now it works with the iPad 3. :)

PS, the magnets where tiny. I remember on the old case I had to wiggle the case when it was closed a bit to match up the magnet in the case with the iPad. I beefed up the case Magnet a bit by cutting out a piece of flexible magnet and stuffed it behind the ones in the case and now it works even better. :)

Last edited:

richgalen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes but to clarify you are talking about one for your iPad 2 and this discussion is about how it is going to work with the new iPad. So when you make your post it could be misleading to people as they read it and think, "well here is someone who has it and loves it so it must work great for the new iPad!"

I simply slid my iPad 2 out of the ZAGG Folio, slid my iPAD 3 in, re-paired the keyboard and it works (and fits) just fine. The latch closes properly and the system works as it did before. Saved $30 on the new Folio (sans keyboard).

Most reactions

Latest posts