What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zagg Mate Idea, Issues

ZAGG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, Been away for a while. I'd like to get caught up on the questions you've asked in my absence.
  • Super Glue shouldn't damage the case, it just seems a bit drastic
  • I'm trying out new feet and I'll report back. If we find a significantly better set, you will be able to call customer service and get them at no charge. As it is, we can send the current ones to you at no charge if necessary.
  • Bluetooth speakers COULD work but QUALITY speakers would add alot of cost and some weight to the case and would likely price it out of the market. Further, rumor has it Apple's next iPad will have even better speakers. Let's see.
  • Siouxzie- The space bar should be no more difficult than any other key. I've seen cases where something got under the key or the black plastic under the keys gets folded up under a key along an edge (near spacebar or Caps lock, etc.). This can be easily fixed by looking closely at the area and if you see a very thin paper looking thing sticking up a bit, just help it find its way under the edge and it will be taken care of forever.
  • It is very unlikely that we will update the current model in any meaningful way unless Apple decides to extend the iPad 1 into the future, like 3GS and iphone 4. The product is only 2 months and nearing the end of iPad 1 life cycle. Of course, things change, so this is no promise, just the facts.
  • We've talked about the cutout location before, perhaps in the other thread here. Long Story short, we put it on the left to make sure the buttons were protected when closed. Much more thought went into it than that and I've detailed it on the other long thread here.
  • Richgalen- Glad to hear your ZAGGmate protected your iPad in the drop. It is very good at that.
Got to go. Enjoy your weekend all....

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
From Zagg: We've talked about the cutout location before, perhaps in the other thread here. Long Story short, we put it on the left to make sure the buttons were protected when closed. Much more thought went into it than that and I've detailed it on the other long thread here.

Just to add ... if you open the case with the whole unit standing in portrait mode and the iPad to the right, [when it opens] your right thumb can be right there to hit the home button.

That's how I open mine and it fires right up before I even set the two pieces down. I like that, though, of course, YMMV.

Marilyn

Annalin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. I've had my iPad and keyboard for less than 48 hours now, so feel free to disregard advice from a n00b. I saw the word "superglue" and hope no one actually goes through with that idea... I'm assuming the reason you want to do this is to protect the aluminum case, but in this case (pun intended) superglue doesn't seem like the best solution. I'm sitting outside on my balcony and the idea just came to me: Has anyone tried using those 1" square magnets? You could put the sticky part on the case, and stack the magnets as high as you wanted to. I'm referring to those magnet sheets you can buy at the... magnet store. They're 1" x 1" square magnets that you can stick to the back of pictures or whatever you want to display on your fridge. This might be the worst idea ever, but please stay away from superglue. Velcro sponges to the bottom, or carry around saran wrap. I don't know. Do something that won't permanently damage the case. Find your iPad box and sit it in there.

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Annalin said:
Hi. I've had my iPad and keyboard for less than 48 hours now, so feel free to disregard advice from a n00b. I saw the word "superglue" and hope no one actually goes through with that idea... I'm assuming the reason you want to do this is to protect the aluminum case, but in this case (pun intended) superglue doesn't seem like the best solution. I'm sitting outside on my balcony and the idea just came to me: Has anyone tried using those 1" square magnets? You could put the sticky part on the case, and stack the magnets as high as you wanted to. I'm referring to those magnet sheets you can buy at the... magnet store. They're 1" x 1" square magnets that you can stick to the back of pictures or whatever you want to display on your fridge. This might be the worst idea ever, but please stay away from superglue. Velcro sponges to the bottom, or carry around saran wrap. I don't know. Do something that won't permanently damage the case. Find your iPad box and sit it in there.

Wow - what does everyone have against super glue? I've found that when I want something to stay put permanently, super glue works great! I'm still planning on trying it - I don't feel like fiddleing with other feet that may have the same issue - I like the feet that came with it, if they would just stay there! I will report back, because I do still intend on trying super glue when I actually remember to buy some!

By the time another solution is figured out, this case/keyboard will probably be worn-our and replaced anyway...

kc2ped

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess if the CA doesn't do the trick you can clean the residue up with acetone, but I would start with something a little less permanent like maybe silicone cement/aquarium sealant

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I went through with my SuperGlue idea and it seems to have worked wonders... I simply put a drop of KrazyGlue on each foot and then put the foot on the case and I was done in 5 minutes. The feet seem to be attached very well now! We'l see how it goes. I'll report back!

If you REALLY want your feet to be permenant (like I did), give Krazy Glue a shot - I think the key is to not use too much - just a drop...

Last edited:

h1611161

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Today is the day I start to hate ZAGG MATE. I live outside USA, and tried to get myself this wonder accessory and was told off. However I got a friend to buy two of them and then got FedEx to pick it up and get it across the oceans to UAE. Both of them arrived, of which one was for my daughter and the other for me. Big Surprise, my daughter's ZM started working straight out of the box, whereas mine will not start off. I charged it for 12 hours on a desktop PC. Still no go. The blue Light comes on when charging, however when pressing the Bluetooth button, the red light does not even wink. What a disaster.

I cannot send it back to USA, I have no dealers in the region, and I have nowhere to go, plus I paid $212 for two plus $80 for shipping to here - can can you guess what, I paid $300 just for one working ZAGGMATE....

I must be freaking stupid, or just plain unlucky. Can someone tell me ([email protected]) how to get the second one working. I have some electronic engineering background

Cheers
Hubert

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Before you do a lot of trouble shooting have you tried using it on your daughters iPad,it just might be a simple setting. The Zagg people will help you for sure as they are good in supporting their products.

Al

h1611161

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, first I tried out mine, I could hardly pair it, and thought it probably was an uncharged battery and hence put it on charge. After four to six hours of charging, tried it again, still will not work. so i opened my daughters kit, and it worked just out of the box. twenty fours hours later am still trying on it, and its working without even charging it for the first time. In the meanwhile mine has went through a twenty four hour charging cycle, and still no luck.

I just wonder if the power switch just died on me..

Sent from my iPad using iPF

ZAGG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds like a Power switch. Call or email ZAGG and we will get it replaced. Obviously, we will take care of shipping.

realistdreamer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all. I'm new here as I'm getting an iPad 2 in a couple of weeks. I'm familiar with Zagg products and while I have concerns about the manufacturing of the Zaggmate, I've been comforted by how well Zagg stands behind its products.

Before I give my ideas publicly, let me say how impressed I was when I emailed the president and got a response from CAMERON LEISHMAN of his/her office at least acknowledging my ideas. Although I'm pretty sure the iPad 2 version is in production, I want these ideas out there publicly so Zagg can get feedback.

• Since the iPad 2 is relatively flat, it should be possible to fit the iPad 2 in the case screen-side up. This, along with a simple way to prop the iPad 2 up to use the software keyboard would MAXIMIZE flexibility. Not worried about access to ports, but that would be a nice bonus.
  • Add magnets to the appropriate place so iPad 2 goes to sleep when placed in case.
Frankly, I could do each of these without Zagg, but it would probably be more "professional looking" if done by the manufacturer. I'm sure I could find, cut and place a magnet. I'm also planning to use a Helostrap (google it) to hold the iPad 2 in the case, screen up in the instances where I can't just put the case away. Also, I can't decide whether to skin the case bottom or get better silicon feet.

Do these, fix the aluminum wrist rub, tighten up manufacturing (insides peeling, power issues, rubber feet) and we'd be close to perfect.

BTW, I for one wouldn't trade much weight for speakers.

h1611161

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Zagg

Sounds like a Power switch. Call or email ZAGG and we will get it replaced. Obviously, we will take care of shipping.

Can u send me the email address to which I have to write
I am outside USA

chriskitoo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm just new to the Forum. I bought a Zaggmate recently and love it. I agree with other posts above that it is a great design - the suggestions for improvement are also good - especially about an eject button. Maybe imporving the quality of the pop-up stand as well?

Most reactions

Latest posts