What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Body Guardz Full Body Protection + Zagg Mate w/keyboard Possible?

iPad_Jedi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have been following this iPad2 forum thread ever since I placed and ordered the iPad2 a couple weeks ago, and am now only starting to purchase some accesories for it as it is due to arrive on the 6th April.

I have already purchased the Body Guardz Full Body Protection kit, and am looking to purchase the ZAGG Mate w/keyboard. However, I am concerned that the snug fit of the iPad2 inside the ZAGG Mate will cause the Body Guards wrapping to rub and peel away after time.

http://www.zagg.com/accessories/zaggmate-ipad-case

I am wondering what the difference is between the Body Guardz Full Body Protection kit and the Invisishield's Maximum Body Protection kit. Do you think the Body Guardz Full Body Protection kit is more similar to the Invisishiled's Full Body Easy Install kit in terms of coverage? This is because on the Zagg Mate FAQ page, this is what they stated:

"Because the iPad fits so snugly and securely into the ZAGGmate, the invisibleSHIELD side pieces of our Full Body Maximum Coverage will begin to rub and peel off quickly when your iPad is taken in and out of the ZAGGmate. Therefore, we recommend the Full Body Easy Install for protecting your iPad when using the ZAGGmate."

What do you guys think? Will it be possible to use the Body Guardz Full Body Kit + The ZAGG Mate w/Keyboard?

Thanks for any feedback.:)

darrinaltman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know for sure, but I looked at their site and my guess is the easy install doesn't cover the back corners tightly and the max coverage probably does. So I would assume from pics I saw of the bodyguardz that you will mess it up.

All of these skins are cut differently. I purchased one from BestSkinsEver and then one from Phantomskinz and the Phantomskinz covers the back completely. There are no openings at all, the corner cuts are barely noticeable and it protects under the speaker and around the volume rocker and mute button.

yvrgal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the Bodyguardz Skin on my iPad and I'm still waiting for my Zaggmate. I'm not worried about the snug fit. From my experience, the Invisibleshield is actually thicker than Bodyguardz. Guess we'll only find out once the Zaggmate arrives.

OP
I

iPad_Jedi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your thoughts folks.:)

Actually, when I think about it a little more, I think that the quoted statement from the Zaggmate FAQ site was directed more towards the first generation iPads. This is because the first generation iPads has the flat sides on the edge that made it possible to install extra pieces of shielding. However, with the 2nd generation iPads, there is really no flat edge at the sides. In fact, there is hardly any 'flat' edge space on the side of the iPad2 since the back kinda curves into a very tiny side edge. Since it will be this tiny side edge around the iPad2 that grips it into the Zaggmate, I see no possibility with the Body Guardz Full body protection being rubbed against Zaggmate case when being taken in or out. In fact, any kind of protection skin could be used since all skins do not extend into the actual 'edge' face of the iPad2 (The iPads are essentially held inside the Zaggmate by 'friction-fit' against the edges of the iPad2 which have no side to the edges). This is completely different with the first gen iPads where the friction-fit was based on the flat side edges that had the possibility of affecting skins that had been installed on those edges.

However, I am sure some of us may be finding out soon if what I assume is right.;)

Last edited:

darrinaltman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad_Jedi said:
Thanks for your thoughts folks.:)

Actually, when I think about it a little more, I think that the quoted statement from the Zaggmate FAQ site was directed more towards the first generation iPads. This is because the first generation iPads has the flat sides on the edge that made it possible to install extra pieces of shielding. However, with the 2nd generation iPads, there is really no flat edge at the sides. In fact, there is hardly any 'flat' edge space on the side of the iPad2 since the back kinda curves into a very tiny side edge. Since it will be this tiny side edge around the iPad2 that grips it into the Zaggmate, I see no possibility with the Body Guardz Full body protection being rubbed against Zaggmate case when being taken in or out. In fact, any kind of protection skin could be used since all skins do not extend into the actual 'edge' face of the iPad2 (The iPads are essentially held inside the Zaggmate by 'friction-fit' against the edges of the iPad2 which have no side to the edges). This is completely different with the first gen iPads where the friction-fit was based on the flat side edges that had the possibility of affecting skins that had been installed on those edges.

However, I am sure some of us may be finding out soon if what I assume is right.;)

Makes sense what you're saying. Interested to find out once someone gets one.

gmaines

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am waiting for the leather skin from Zagg. Right now I have 4 different cases, once the leather skin comes out, it will only be the Zagg..... It fit nice and tight and it will stay in the case. I shook the heck out of it and it did not budge......

gwlaw99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lay flat screen up?

The photos from the website imply that the ipad 2 version can hold the ipad 2 laying flat with the screen side up. Is that correct? Sorry if this has been asked before.

Most reactions

Latest posts