What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

YES! Solution to downgrade iOS 4.3b3 to 4.2.1

mopar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try jail break ipad 4.3 first use snowbreeze . and then open cydia , see in top, shsh 4.3 or shsh 4.2.1,4.3 . , if u just have shsh 4.2.1,4.3 , thats ur ipad 100% will succes downgrade
Any work around for that if you don't have 4.2.1 shsh? can it be added to device if jailbroken?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So TU's purpose is to tell you what SHSH's you have?

its purpose is to save your SHSHs locally on your PC, and optionally serve them up to iTunes when you do a restore or update. A nice by-product is that you can find out exactly what shsh you have without being jailbroken!

Hope that helps...

Last edited:

Chiangx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok first i also experienced it , i buy new ipad in first day , my ipad in ios 4.2.1 . And i jailbreak it , until one day , ios 4.3 release , i upgrade my ios to 4.3 , ( forget save shsh) , then i cant downgrade anyway , when snowbreeze relase jailbreak 4.3 , im just jailbreak my ipad 4.3 , ... I am confused , shocked open cydia in first after jailbreak , i see in top SHSH : 4.2.1 , 4.3 . Its mean i have shsh 4.2 , then i simply save my shsh using tiny umbrella , its saved , " welcome to downgrade" haha, then i restore ios 4.2 and got stuck in dfu mode, kick out use tiny , and jailbreak with greenpois0n , finish downgrade , hope my experience usefull for other ,

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok first i also experienced it , i buy new ipad in first day , my ipad in ios 4.2.1 . And i jailbreak it , until one day , ios 4.3 release , i upgrade my ios to 4.3 , ( forget save shsh) , then i cant downgrade anyway , when snowbreeze relase jailbreak 4.3 , im just jailbreak my ipad 4.3 , ... I am confused , shocked open cydia in first after jailbreak , i see in top SHSH : 4.2.1 , 4.3 . Its mean i have shsh 4.2 , then i simply save my shsh using tiny umbrella , its saved , " welcome to downgrade" haha, then i restore ios 4.2 and got stuck in dfu mode, kick out use tiny , and jailbreak with greenpois0n , finish downgrade , hope my experience usefull for other ,

Your experience is normal. Once you start the process of saving shsh with Cydia, which you did when you jailbroke 4.2.1 and chose "make my life easier", the process of saving all SHSH becomes AUTOMATIC. Cydia will save your shsh for every new version of IOS which comes out. You dont have to request it. You dont have to have that version of IOS installed. Magic!

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's why I stayed with 4.2.1. I'm doing most of the stuff on new 4.3 on my current iOS anyways. Multitouch gestures n everything minus the nitro java safari speed increase. I wonder if Cydia has an app or tweak to enable this new scripting on 4.2.1....hmmmmm ;-)

Russells iPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Demandarin said:
That's why I stayed with 4.2.1. I'm doing most of the stuff on new 4.3 on my current iOS anyways. Multitouch gestures n everything minus the nitro java safari speed increase. I wonder if Cydia has an app or tweak to enable this new scripting on 4.2.1....hmmmmm ;-)

I don't even notice a difference with the safari anyway lol! Wish I stayed 4.2.1 ....

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Your experience is normal. Once you start the process of saving shsh with Cydia, which you did when you jailbroke 4.2.1 and chose "make my life easier", the process of saving all SHSH becomes AUTOMATIC. Cydia will save your shsh for every new version of IOS which comes out. You dont have to request it. You dont have to have that version of IOS installed. Magic!

Oh! It's automatic. I kept wondering where the "make my life easier" button was.

1million

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've noticed a slight difference in speed in Safari.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
1million said:
I've noticed a slight difference in speed in Safari.

Started using atomic web browser.... Think that's faster tbh...

Sent from my ipatch using IPF

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure all the alternative browsers sold in the app store, including iCab and Atomic, use the Safari engine. They all essentially all front ends / extensions to Safari.
This makes complete sense if you think about the complexities of coding a reliable rendering engine. These guys didnt just pop up and get it perfect first time.
Any speed difference would be in the interface only. Rendering should be identical.

Most reactions