What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yes...Another Email Question..URGH!!!

wrea398

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a newbie to the Ipad which I just received for Xmas. I have a Lynksis wirless router hooked up to my home pc so I can run my laptop separately. When I started with the Ipad setup I had to download Itunes so my Ipad would continue its setup on its own. After this download, I turned the Ipad on and all went fine. Now to the email. I added my email address and password and the Ipad found everything else on its own. Been surfing the net and sending/receiving emails from the Ipad just fine.

The issue I have is that now, I can send emails from both Ipad and my home PC but I can only RECEIVE emails on my Ipad and not the home PC. I can't figure it out. I was hoping some of the more literate Ipad/PC users out there might have some insight. Im sure it just a simple settings issue. I looked in the settings section on both computer and Ipad to make sure the emails were left on the server the for 7 days. I just want to be able to get emails on both PC and Ipad if possble. When I hooked up the wireless and laptop I had similar issues on the laptop but after making the messages stay on the server for more days, it was cured. Not with the Ipad. It just took over the receiving of emails. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine is set to "never" on the ipad and I have no issues. Also be sure you're not downloading on the desktop (I'm assuming you have a 3rd item that maybe is set to not keep on server) before laptop if that is the case.

Easiest try is to change the ipad to never delete from server...and/or delete account and start over just to be sure.

jollywa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My experience was not nearly as successful as wrea398's. I cannot get the "other" email to work. I entered all the information - my email address, password, the name of my server, etc. But no functioning email results from that exercise. I simply cannot get mail to work. I downloaded the user guide from the Apple site, but thing is next to useless when it comes to advice about setting up the email. All kinds of info on how to use it, once you get it up and running but only a cursory explanation about how to set it up.

What am I missing here?

jollywa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still having problems to get email working. I called my ISP tonight and walked through the steps. I deleted the account that I set up already and started again. Did everything they told me to do and still it will not verify the the account.

I saw something on another post about specifying the port for the outgoing SMTP server. But I see no place where I can do that and the ISP Helpline never mentioned it. Does anyone have any idea why the email will not work? I can surf the 'net just fine, so I know it is not my internet connection.

I have tried deleting and setting up again at least a dozen times.

Most reactions

Latest posts