What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email Problem

Fetid Ranger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was having great success hooking up two email accounts; (yahoo and a business POP account). About a week ago, I just stopped receiving emails on my IPad when there were definitely emails coming in on those accounts. I've tried deleting and re-entering these accounts, but I get a variety of different error messages after a long "verifying....." period. I get things like " Mobile Mail can't verify the identity of my server", and some strange message about the IPad email server not identifying my server. It's strange because everything worked fine for over a month. I feel like it is some setting or glitch on the Pad, because both these email accounts are not recognized. :(

Any suggestions from the crew?

OP
Fetid Ranger

Fetid Ranger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, actually tried that with no success, but guess what did work? I actually re-entered the incoming and outgoing mail server port numbers. Then I sent a test email from Outlook settings that sent to my IPad and Blackberry. It actually worked!!! Weird because the numbers didn't change. Somehow it just reset after I re-entered.

Still having trouble with Yahoo mail-it keeps saying "apple.imap.yahoo.com is not responding" But maybe I'll figure this one out soon. Any ideas one that one? Thanks!

Mrmichaeljkelly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rebooting AND going to mail settings and reentering the (same) port numbers for the imap and smtp servers for the account with trouble also did the trick for me.

EvanHarris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I keep getting this when accessing my email: "Cannot get mail. The mail server "imap.gmail.com" is not responding. Verify that you have entered the correct account info in Mail settings."

Thing is, I DO have the proper info in account settings. Can anyone help me out here?

I have checked my gmail settings under "forwarding and POP/IMAP" and IMAP is enabled.

It works on my iPhone and my MacBook, though am having some issues with Outlook there.

Cheers

Most reactions

Latest posts