What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

videotron user email help needed

Gary_P

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looking for a Videotron email user and hoping for s solution.

I am running my work email on my ipad. I csn get emails in no problem as I obvioulsy have it setup to grab off my Bell hosted server.

At home i am running wireless through Videotron. My laptop send out email no problem, i cannot get emails out using videotron.

I have the outgoing server setup as smtp.relais.videotron.net.

Anyone had success getting mail out and hoe did you do it?

Thanks

creativeguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Videotron email problems with iPad

I've had the same problem with Videotron and my iPad, Gary. I can receive emails via Videotron, but I cannot send. I have spoken with Videotron tech support and they have no solution. They have no info on the iPad. If you find an answer let me know!

domh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On the mail setting, go to smtp settings, then change the smpt port to 25 (not the pop port).
I had the same problem and now it solved it. Don't ask why ;-)

Onetime

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Change outgoing server setting to smtp.relais.videotron.ca (Personal account) smtp.relais.videotron.com (Business account)

I believe smtp.relais.videotron.net is not a Videotron server.

Bizz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SMTP Password and user name

Make sure you add your user name and password in the smtp "optional" area, should work!

Looking for a Videotron email user and hoping for s solution.

I am running my work email on my ipad. I csn get emails in no problem as I obvioulsy have it setup to grab off my Bell hosted server.

At home i am running wireless through Videotron. My laptop send out email no problem, i cannot get emails out using videotron.

I have the outgoing server setup as smtp.relais.videotron.net.

Anyone had success getting mail out and hoe did you do it?

Thanks

domh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also, the smtp server correct name is relais.videotron.ca

Most reactions