What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email not working......sometimes

geojf3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greetings,

We have 3 32gig wifi only iPads for our office. All three are configured for our email server with the same settings (except for the user id obviously). They work fine in the office and when I take them home, they work fine in my home wireless setup. The problem occurs when they are taken to the other two users residence. They each get the same message: "The connection to the outgoing server xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx failed" They both can received with nop problem, but they cannot send. However, as soon as they get in range of the office - everything is fine.

Is there a setting that anyone knows of for home wireless setups that would be blocking the sending of the emails? Their laptops, connecting to the same SMTP server work fine from their homes. And again, if I bring the iPads to my home, it works fine.

Thank you for your help.

Most reactions

Latest posts