What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yellow tint...still returnable?

Chrisd10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I had my iPad 3 for more than 2 weeks and I thought it might be the adhesive. So I'm out of the return window. BUT since it is an known issue and it's bugging me, will I be able to just return it? I don't want a new one since it might have the same problem and the nearest apple store is a 4 hour drive away. I bought it in tesco the night it came out.

Thank you!

Daylife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Chrisd10 said:
So I had my iPad 3 for more than 2 weeks and I thought it might be the adhesive. So I'm out of the return window. BUT since it is an known issue and it's bugging me, will I be able to just return it? I don't want a new one since it might have the same problem and the nearest apple store is a 4 hour drive away. I bought it in tesco the night it came out.

Thank you!

They will exchange it for the same exact one.

iPhoNettie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The best advice I can give you is to call Apple first. That's too long of a drive to not be sure of what they'll be able to do for you. I have read on the Apple forums that some people have gone back to Apple with their device and have had it swapped out. That may be your only recourse since you're out of the 14-day return window.
I, too, had slight yellowing, nothing as bad as some people have described, but mine has has pretty much gone away.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Chrisd10 said:

Thank you!

Why not try calling or mailing Apple, they may do the replacement by post to avoid you having the 4 hour drive?

The Archangel

OP
C

Chrisd10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for the quick replies, well I could do that but I just don't want a new one. I heard the stories about how people send them back many times. I just want to give it back instead. Is there any chance of that?

L

Lunar

Thank you for the quick replies, well I could do that but I just don't want a new one. I heard the stories about how people send them back many times. I just want to give it back instead. Is there any chance of that?

You can only ask.. and see what they say...if you don't ask your'll never know. though while I suspect you would have no difficulty swapping it out, getting a full refund outside their 14 days may be another matter. My 2 weeks expires on Tuesday 3rd, and I did consider getting a refund for a few minutes, not so much for any issues but just because the option was simply there, and was thinking I'd manage for a while longer with my iPad 1 64/3g as I was doubting my justification for keeping it, and of course their 14day no quible refund/exchange makes it rather too easy I suppose.

However I think my wife has got quite attached to my old iPad1 now, so have pretty much decided to keep it. Apple Store is about a 1hr drive for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

dMog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
a defect is a defect ..even if it is 1 day shy of the warranty expiring..you had it 2 weeks...or was it 3 ? still take it back...and here i thought apple had no issues like windows does...

Most reactions