What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 4 also with yellow tint on display :-(

DaxFX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys, my sad story end up perfect, my first ipad was a 3rd generation refurbished, have to replaced because a poor wifi range, then i got a secon ipad 3 refurbished also, and that was with left side of the screen with a yellow tint like a burn on it and i returned a demand a refund wish i got, i went to best buy to get a brand new ipad 4, i just think finally a brand new one i will have no problem.

So wrong when i got home the first thing i notice that the screen on this one was even worst than the last one i returned, i got so angry. After reading a lot of people with same issue telling some crap about glue or whatever i just give a try the solution off hard use for a few days on highest brightnes with no auto when i said hard use i really mean more than 1 full charge per day and. And not a bit of change still same crappy yellow tint, today i went back to best buy and replaced for another one,, finally i got an ipad that have the same hue like my iphone 4s,

First photo is was my pervious iPad 4 vs my Acer Iconia, you can see here the the yellowish was even worst at the bottom
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354328067.133849.jpg

Second photo was my previous iPad 3 you can notice the gradient from a yellow in left to white on center and blue/greenish on right side
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354328157.110777.jpg

Wow i have to say apple was better before steve pass away , you rarely se a bad issue on a ipad, now you rarely se an ipad without a bad issue

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wow i have to say apple was better before steve pass away , you rarely se a bad issue on a ipad, now you rarely se an ipad without a bad issue

I have to completely disagree with this comment!
Maybe I got a rare iPad? :D

OP
DaxFX

DaxFX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So explain to me why i have got 4 diferent iPad from 2 different stores just to have 1 good iPad,

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had three iPads before Jobs died. One had a pure white screen. The other was yellowish. The other was yellowish with two (now three) dead pixels. I won't bother blaming him in his grave, though.

And all mine were new, direct from Apple.

OP
DaxFX

DaxFX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok ! The steve comment was only for humor. But we have to admit apple is no the same as 10 years back

OP
DaxFX

DaxFX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have compare side by side 4 diferent pads 3rd and 4th with retina and the truth is non of them have the same hue in the display, 1 a bit pinky another a bit greeny another a bit yellow, but very small amount of deference, not too much noticeable but the one's i got before my last one with yellow tint problem those ones were far far from the "normal ones" at the point were irritating to read email and web pages with white background,

Im happy now that the one i just got today is the wither one i have seen, i compared to the 1 i judge was the best whiter one in compare to all of my friends pads and now that one looks a bit pink in compare with my new one, all of them are happy because they get use to them and only they notice a slightly diference in the whites when compared to the others..

But the yellowish in my last 2 ones were obvious ridiculous with gradient on the tint,,

I think that is a most have in next update is a setting for color, hue, tint, for the display, just like any tv or pc not everybody have the same taste for color and not every boddy have the same eye problems, like me with catarat surgery in my eyes,

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok ! The steve comment was only for humor. But we have to admit apple is no the same as 10 years back

My remark was made tongue in cheek.

I wasn't an Apple customer 10 years ago, so I can't say. It seems to me, though, that any company that gains market share as much and as quickly as Apple has will have trouble maintaining standards. Such is life.

If something better comes along, I'll buy that instead. I am not loyal to companies or brands.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So explain to me why i have got 4 diferent iPad from 2 different stores just to have 1 good iPad,

now you rarely se an ipad without a bad issue

I've gotten 3 different iPads in the last 3 months and everyone was perfect............such is life.
They sold 3 million iPads in the first 3 days of the last release.....if they were as bad as you say, the stores and this forum would be completely overwelmed with complaints.

Sorry for those that do have some issues but I seriously doubt it's doomsday as you seem to make it out to be.

rhardin

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I had no issue with my ipad 3 when I returned it for the 4th one, the 4th is prefect, my boss got the 3 a few months ago and it's prefect, I even know people how have gotten the 2nd one recently and no issues at all....

scott_R1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DaxFX, this is a China quality issue and nothing more. Take it up with Apple and leave it there. The Steve Jobs stuff is really stupid and should have never been posted. It's not a conspiracy, it just happens when a bad batch ends up on the store shelves. Sorry it happened to you but all the drama isn't necessary.

OP
DaxFX

DaxFX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have not make any drama, i just posted my experience and a short comment, i dont get it why you guys got ofended, do a search for the yellowish screen issue you will found lots and lots of issues on all retina apple products,

But sorry if i do offend some of you, was not my intention im also an apple fan that is why i want steve jobs back

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
DaxFX said:
I have not make any drama, i just posted my experience and a short comment, i dont get it why you guys got ofended, do a search for the yellowish screen issue you will found lots and lots of issues on all retina apple products,

But sorry if i do offend some of you, was not my intention im also an apple fan that is why i want steve jobs back

Steve's dead, so he's not coming back. There have been issues with the retina display right from the get go. It's an incredibly complex piece of equipment, and we've had plenty of feedback on the subject.

The short answer is take it back to your supplier, and keep doing so, until you get one that is up to standard. Apple want satisfied customers, so they will honor their warranty. Apple is not one man, and never was.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Yellow tint was a prob even before retina screen. You can do a search and find those stories, too.

Personally, I don't worship at the altar of Steve Jobs, and I wasn't offended. I just thought your linking the screen probs to him was silly.

OP
DaxFX

DaxFX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im not linking my issue to him, i just told was better with him,

Ok this has gone far, any moderator close this thread please, my apologies i never try to start a debate about steve i just want to let know yellowish screen still an issue in ipad 4. Close this please

Most reactions

Latest posts