What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will Apple replace my iPad?

OP
H

henrysickle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey, I've got an update.

Spoke to my local Apple store about 5mins ago, told them that I'd had an iPad just over three weeks, and if I use my iPad for longer than two hours it starts to tinge yellow - which isn't so great because I use my iPad for graphic work and word processing. I explained that it might be difficult to see any difference at first because it's usually when the screen is on for a while. He booked me in for an appointment with the Genius Bar, and said for them to have a look, and that they'd be more inclined to offer a replacement as opposed to me just taking it in and winging it. I also asked whether they'd give me a new one or a refurb, and they said they only stock new units.

Here's hoping.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey, I've got an update.

Spoke to my local Apple store about 5mins ago, told them that I'd had an iPad just over three weeks, and if I use my iPad for longer than two hours it starts to tinge yellow - which isn't so great because I use my iPad for graphic work and word processing. I explained that it might be difficult to see any difference at first because it's usually when the screen is on for a while. He booked me in for an appointment with the Genius Bar, and said for them to have a look, and that they'd be more inclined to offer a replacement as opposed to me just taking it in and winging it. I also asked whether they'd give me a new one or a refurb, and they said they only stock new units.

Here's hoping.
thats just great,sounds good,just back up and you will be fine,keep us updated.

OP
H

henrysickle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Went today, they looked at the screen, said there was definitely something wrong and advised I swap it. I asked if it would be new - the guy said no, because I've owned it for three weeks but assured me that the 're-manufactured' one I would get would be just like brand new. I reluctantly agree, and swap. I get home, and guess what? The screen is darker than before, even with auto-brightness off and the brightness up to the maximum. The wifi keeps dropping as well on this 'new' one. I have another iPad at home - my brothers - so am able to use that as a comparison, and the brightness on mine is WAY off, and my bro's iPad stays connected to our router permanently. There was also a scuff on the aluminium, which almost looked like a burn. Not a happy chap at the moment! Either way, spoke to Apple, going in tomorrow and going to exchange it, again. How good are re-manufactured, or refurbished iPad's from Apple? Essentially brand new? Am hoping the new one will be perfect, because at the moment, I would have been better keeping my original one.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
henrysickle said:
Went today, they looked at the screen, said there was definitely something wrong and advised I swap it. I asked if it would be new - the guy said no, because I've owned it for three weeks but assured me that the 're-manufactured' one I would get would be just like brand new. I reluctantly agree, and swap. I get home, and guess what? The screen is darker than before, even with auto-brightness off and the brightness up to the maximum. The wifi keeps dropping as well on this 'new' one. I have another iPad at home - my brothers - so am able to use that as a comparison, and the brightness on mine is WAY off, and my bro's iPad stays connected to our router permanently. There was also a scuff on the aluminium, which almost looked like a burn. Not a happy chap at the moment! Either way, spoke to Apple, going in tomorrow and going to exchange it, again. How good are re-manufactured, or refurbished iPad's from Apple? Essentially brand new? Am hoping the new one will be perfect, because at the moment, I would have been better keeping my original one.

Check as much as you can before leaving the store. If you see a problem, point it out and ask for another. They might say no, but they might also say yes.

Most reactions

Latest posts