What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

wrong password when updating app on my ipad 2

yeahman45

iPF Noob
Reaction score
since yesterday, when i want to update an app from app store, it asked for my password(that's normal), i entered it but it says incorrect password.. tried multiple times... i even changed my password to make sure i didn't forget it ... but still no good... anyone having this issue?

i am on a jailbroken 5.0.1

OP
Y

yeahman45

iPF Noob
Reaction score
anyone got this prob? i again changes my password and still same issue... on ipad 2 it says incorrect password

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you sure you are using the right Apple ID. Have you sync'd or loaded someone else's App from your PC? It's not enough that you use your ID and Password, it must be the same ID that purchased the App originally.
The best way to resolve it is to delete the App from your iPad, then go to the App Store on the iPad and re-download it. Don't sync it across from the PC. Make sure you are logged in with your ID by going to Settings > Store, and checking the ID at the bottom.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It's also a good idea to scroll to the bottom of the main tab in each store (iTunes, App Store, iBooks, iTunes U) and check your Apple ID there. They can each be set differently.

And I'm not sure about this, but I don't think changing it in the Store settings will change the individual stores apps. That's about permissions for subscriptions and auto downloads.

ewinship

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm also here because I'm having a problem updating my apps on my new iPad. It keeps rejecting my password and I know it's right. I've had this problem on my iPad 1 for a couple of months, but gave up and ignored it, figuring my new iPad would take care of it. But alas, no. I've tried all the suggestions here and still no go. Any other thoughts? Obviously trying to contact Apple support today is a non-starter.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
In that case, try contacting Apple in a couple of days. It might be slightly less hectic. ;)

But seriously, if you've tried all the remedies in this thread, Apple is the next logical step.

There are also the usual suspects, if you haven't tried them:

When you have problems with an app it's a good idea to clear it from RAM.

Close/Clear the app: With the problem app closed, double tap on the Home button to get the multitask bar. Tap and hold on any icon in the bar until they jiggle, then tap the minus sign on the problem app. This will remove it from RAM and insure a clean start the next time you launch the app.

If that does not work try a restart,

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears. Apple recommends you restart the iPad at least once a month.

and then a reset if that does not work.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm also here because I'm having a problem updating my apps on my new iPad. It keeps rejecting my password and I know it's right. I've had this problem on my iPad 1 for a couple of months, but gave up and ignored it, figuring my new iPad would take care of it. But alas, no. I've tried all the suggestions here and still no go. Any other thoughts? Obviously trying to contact Apple support today is a non-starter.

Hi there-I noticed that you have a duplicate post going for this. Please avoid doing this, since it makes it hard for members to follow and help you if they can. It is also against forum rules.

I am going to close the other thread. Thanks.

Last edited:
OP
Y

yeahman45

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i reset my password again again .. and finally it worked.. (last attempt was to reset my account(forget it) on the ipad 2... re-enter my account (password was not working).. used the forgot password links and resetted my password again).. and it's working again now

Most reactions